Part 13 c:

Mels p.o.v.

I slowly opened my eyes attempting to adjust to the light of day. I smiled as I remembered the previous night even through my throbbing skull. Ugh alcohol why. I looked over to see Mike still asleep. I watched as his chest rose and fell. I guess my feelings for Mike where never really gone but I just tried to convince myself that they were. I smiled slightly resting my head on his chest listening to the rhythm of his heartbeat. I wouldn't mind waking up to his face everyday.

"Mel, Mel wake up"

I felt my body slowly being shaken. I lifted my head to be met with a pair of deep hazel eyes. I waved at him smiling slightly he shook his head an laughed.

"We need to talk"

Oh, the whole we need to talk. Mike wouldn't just do that would he. Ugh I shook my head as an indication for him to continue.

"Don't look like that, I just didn't want it to happen like that"

He looked down a little.

"Don't make fun of me but, I wanted it to be special when we did.. Not like it wasn't but yeah, I didn't want it to happen like that I wanted to make you dinner and be all romantic and cheesy, i've never felt like this before so what would you say to dinner tonight?"

He looked at me with a glimpse of hope in his eyes.

"Are you asking me out on a date"

I raised my eyebrow and smirked at him.

He nodded as a tint of red broke out on his cheeks.

"Is Mikey embarrassed, awh you are, well I'd love to have dinner with you tonight"

I smiled at him and pressed my lips onto the corner of his mouth before jumping from the bed and running through the door. Oh yes I was playing it this way. He groaned and got up to run after me. I hear his footsteps quickening in pace while running down the hall. When suddenly they stopped. I turned round quickly.

"Wha-"

He picked me up by the waist and spun me around which sent me into a fit of giggles.

"Oh um morning, I see you two are getting along nicely"

Vic winked at us before heading down the stairs. I turned to face Mike and smiled at him placing a finger on his nose. He closed the gap between our faces and passionately kissed me while tightening his grip around my waist as he was still holding me. I genuinely felt happy in that moment.

I slashed the cold water over my face and brushed through my shiny black locks. I adjusted my piercing so it was sitting straight and gave myself one last glance in the mirror. Mike said lazy clothes so I was wearing one of his tshirts with thigh high socks on and shorts but they weren't so visible when the shirt was at its normal length. Oops. It showed off my thigh tattoos which I enjoyed.

"Okay well just stay with Tone, c'mon for me? Yess I owe you"

I saw Mike speaking into his phone while pacing the living room.

"So we have the place to ourselves tonight?"

I bit my lip as I spoke to him and I could see his eyes travelling down my body. Oh Mike.

"Yep, not exactly a date date but ohwell, now come here"

He reached out for my hand and pulled me down the stairs and through the house to the doors. We stepped out of the house and onto the porch which looked out to the pool. It was decorated with fairy lights that illuminated the pizza box that lay on the couch. On the screen of the tv was the trio that i knew all too well. Harry Potter was on but I didn't mind as i was a potterhead too. It was perfect.

I lay with my legs entangled in Mikes while I stared blankly at the screen. I could tell Mike was looking at me but I didn't turn to face him. I got up after a few minutes of this and headed towards the door looking back at Mike before slipping out into the night. I heard the door shut behind me and small footsteps. I removed my socks and sat at the edge of the pool dangling my legs in the water. Mike joined me soon after and grabbed hold of my hand and caressed his finger along the faint lines in my hand.

"I've had a really nice time tonight Mel, I know it's a bit soon but would you consider going out with me?"

I felt like I couldn't speak. I'm an embarrassment. The moment I'd been wanting to happen for so long and now it's here and I'm lost for words. I nodded while grinning as I pushed Mike into the pool face first. When he re surfaced he had the biggest smile ever he tugged on my leg trying to get me in the pool but I wouldn't budge. I stuck my tongue out at him and swayed my feet around in the water a little.

All I could see was water. He had caught me off guard.

"You are such a little shit you know that right?"

He just laughed at me. I took off the soaking tshirt that clung to my small frame off over my head leaving it at the side of the pool and removing my shorts too. Wet clothes aren't my thing. Annoying Mike was also fun. I now wore nothing but my underwear. I smirked over at Mike and began to swim over to him.

"Wow"

Was all he said before placing his hands on my hips. I shivered at the feel of his touch. It was comforting and warm. He made me feel special.

He began to place small kisses down my neck to my collar bone which gained more shivers from me.

We lay hand in hand at the side of the pool looking up to the stars. This night had been perfect and I was with Mike. We were actually together. It wasn't just some fling this was official. I couldn't stop smiling that my cheeks actually began to hurt a little. I'd always dreamed about being with Mike but I never thought it would happen. But here I am. The faint sound of Mikes voice interrupted me from my thoughts.

"I know we've only been together for a few hours but this is the happiest I've ever been with anyone, I mean that you're the most perfect girl there is, I've known it all along but just been to stupid to let you know how I felt, i was going to tell you that day, the day that I found you that's why I was distant when you and Jacob were together, I haven't felt this way about anyone before Mel, I mean that, I just want you to be happy and don't lie I know your not okay I can see that you aren't exactly but thats okay I will help you through this you don't need to ruin that body"

I can't even describe how I felt to him so I just squeezed his hand a little and smiled at him lightly blinking away the few tears my eyes held before kissing his hand. I was so glad to have him. It made me a little glad that I was still here but also really bad because I can't imagine how he felt when he found me laying there. I pushed it to the back of my mind. We lay under the stars for around an hour just speaking about the stars and there shapes and how beautiful they were, he would often drop compliments in there. I think it was good that our feelings were out in the open now, I was happy.