Chapter 7

"Jesse? Mr White? What are you doing here" I asked in shock, my brother and my Chemistry teacher were the last people I would expect to see together. I was aware that Mr White previously taught Jesse but that was 3 years ago.

"I'm here to help you" Walt announced, this made me wonder.

"What do you mean help me?" I frowned, not knowing what I would hear next.

"I'm aware that you're looking to fund Jesse's rehab treatment, I have the sufficient funds to help you pay" Walt announced, Jesse was silent something in which was a rarity, his mouth often got him in to trouble but this time it looked like he wasn't going to fall into that trap today.

"Why? I don't understand, you helped me by changing my grade on the assignment and now this" I was confused, I was thankful too but I needed to know why.

"Don't tell her please Mr White" Jessie pleaded through gritted teeth.

"I feel that Leah is mature enough to understand everything I am about to tell her" Mr White announced, totally ignoring Jesse.

"Tell me what?" I asked, Jesse shook his head and walked off.

"Jesse get back here this instant!" Mr White shouted, I've never seen him look so mad before.

"I'm done! Don't contact me again" Jesse fumed. Mr White signed.

"He'll come running back, he'll always need me" Mr White smirked. Something seemed badly wrong but I couldn't work out what.

"Leah you must promise not tell anybody anything I am about to tell you, do I make myself clear" The tone that was used made me even more anxious about what was going to be said next.

"Absolutely" I added, Mr White cleared his throat and began speaking.

"Your brother and I are working a long side each other, we have been for some time now. I saw faith in him and so far he is proving my estimations right. The money we are currently making has provided us with the funds to pay for Jesse's treatment" Mr White announced, I frowned.

"What kind of business? Please say it's something good, I'm sure my family would allow him back home if he was on the straight and narrow" I had a hopeful smile on my face, I just wanted our happy family back.

"I'm afraid not Leah, each working day is dangerous and before I go any further you must again promise not to tell a soul about this meeting today" yet again Mr White sounded extremely serious.

"I promise" I was nervous and my tone probably showed that.

"Jesse and I are business partners in a drug cooking and dealing business, I am currently undergoing cancer treatment and I want every penny I can get for my family so if I pass away their life will be funded. I tried bank loans but they were hardly enough to cover one days course of chemotherapy. One day after one of my appointments I bumped into Jesse, he was unconscious. I thought he was a goner but thankfully there was a faint pulse, I took him to the hospital and he overdosed. As soon as he was well enough to come home that was when we decided to work together, Jesse shone in my class when I taught him and now he was older and a somewhat wiser I needed him to make my business plan work"Mr White announced, I couldn't believe my ears.

"Oh my gosh, you're joking right?" Was all I could say, I knew that this was true but half of me still couldn't believe it.

"I'm afraid not, I know this is a lot to take in but I had no other choice, Jesse also needed the money so it was a wise decision at the time, we only planned to do it for a few months but the money intake has been extreme and we have built up a fantastic clientele." Mr White had a huge smile on his face, how he could do this I didn't know.

"A fantastic clientele? You make it sound like a salon!" I shouted, I was mad.

"Allow me to drop you home, we can arrange a time tomorrow to discuss Jesse's treatment" Mr White placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I'll walk thank you!" I shook my head and left.

On the way home I stopped off at the store, picked up a few necessity's and figured that if my parents asked where I'd been I could tell them and show them my bag of supplies. As I paid for my shopping I heard someone faintly call my name, it was Jessie
I hesitantly turned around, due to the recent revelation I was slightly scared of him.

"What do you want?" I spat, he was unaware that I knew anything.

"What's up? Am I not allowed to speak to my favourite little sister in public now. Am I cramping your style" he smirked, he tried to pull me into a side hug, I backed away.

"Just get away from me, I don't want anything to do with a drug dealing piece of scum" I retorted, I instantly regretted the words that came out of my mouth.

"I don't know what you're talking about? What has Mr White told you?" Jesse frowned.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about and you know very well what he has told me" I whispered, not forgetting that we were in a public place. I owed him that much at least, yes I was upset but I couldn't give anyone the ammunition to rat on him.

"Oh about the car sales business, it's running smoothly thank you" Jesse smiled, he seemed full of himself.

"Don't lie to me! I know you and Walt are running a drug cartel" I announced, I left the shop and made my back home. Jesse called me back twice but I ignored him.

As I walked through the front door I thought of how I could forget about what had just gone on and somehow erase the knowledge of my brothers latest shenanigans.

"Where have you been?" Jake asked as I made my way into the kitchen, I didn't need another shouting match.

"Just to the store, what're you doing up anyway?" I asked, mom and dad always made him go to bed early because of his studies.

"Couldn't sleep, you don't usually go to the store so late" Jake knew something wasn't right.

"You can thank Mother Nature for that. Anyway I'm going to bed, don't stay up too late remember you've got that all important test tomorrow!" I smiled.

"Ew too much information, I need to revise as much as I can" He looked shattered.

"Take it easy okay" I said as I left the room.

My mind was filled with what Mr White had said to me, he wanted to meet me to discuss Jesse's treatment. I slipped out my second phone and looked for Mr White's number the words 'Heisenberg' filled the screen, this phone was filled with so many strange numbers I was unsure as to who all of the people were.Walt sent me a message telling me what to add him on the phone as, this was all becoming too much for me and it was only day one.