Moon Gazing 5

Since ang school nga na ito ay governed ng EAIS (Eugenius Artificial Intelligence System) ang tablet na nasa ibabaw ng bawat table ng bawat mag-aaral ay naka-connekta din dito.

"EAIS (pronounce as /ey-yis/), proceed to the downloading of data about the sonnet and a little background of the poet." Pag-kucommand ko sa system na mag-o-override.

"EAIS is collecting data......  EAIS is downloading data...... Download complete." Respond ng system.

"Thank you EAIS. Class, before you browse the data let us hear the poem out. Since poems should be uttered, EAIS, please give as a video presentation of this beautiful sonnet by Shakespeare." I commanded again.

" What is the main theme of Sonnet 116?" Tanong ko sa clase.

"Love, sir." Aktibong sagot ni Jan.

"Ang what it tells about love, Ms. April?" Alam ko na gustong-gusto niyang sumagot dahil habang piniplay ng system ang video, hindi ko maiwasan ang pagtingin sa mga reaksyon ng mga studyante ko. Their reactions are as precious as their learning to me.

"Ahmp.... based on the sonnet, sir, 'May FOREVER." kwela nitong sagot. May pa hand gesture-gesture pa. With her answer, i feel a warm radiant ray from the sun.

"Why can you infer that there exist forever, then, Ms. April?" Follow-up question ko.

"Based on the poem, sir, Love cannot change. It is constant. Things that are constant are meant to last forever. Moreover, Shakespeare is presenting, or through this sonnet, attempting to define love. " Dagdag niya.

"Thank you for that, Ms. April. Other's interpretation of the sonnet?"

"Sir, it gives us the impression that Shakespeare compared love as a star. We now for the fact that in the earlier years, the start, the North Star in particular, has been a constant guide to fishermen in their way out and in the sea. Love is a star, remote, immovable, self-contained, and perhaps, like the 'lords and owners of their faces,' improbably and even somewhat unpleasantly cold and distant. It gives as the meaning that when love is true, it cannot go wrong and we cannot go astray." Pagbabahagi ni Geraldine.

"That is a very good impression, Ms. Geraldine. I want hands from the boys. Yes, Mr. Rey."

"I want to share my thinking on this line 'Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks within his bending sickle's compass come.' This reaffirms my belief that love should not be based, and is never based, although some may find being captivated by it at the start, on the physical appearance. The young man holds the value of beauty over that of love. When he comes to face the fact that the love he felt has changed and become less intense and, in fact, less felt, he changes his mind about this person he'd loved before because what he had felt in his heart wasn't true. That the object of his affection's beauty fell to "Time's Sickle" would not make his feelings change." Sabi ni Rey.

"Sir." Singit naman ng kambal ni Rey na si Roy, "The sonnet, which we may label, "the law of inverse constancy": the more inconstant are time's alterations (one an hour, one a week), the more constant is love's endurance, even to the edge of doom. Shakespeare is arguing that if love is true it will stand against all tests of time and adversity, no manner of insignificant details such as the person's beauty fading could alter or dissolve "the marriage of two minds'."

"And why do you think Shakespeare ended the Sonnet with an evident challenge?" 

"I think, it ended that way," sabi ni Leah Ven, "because the existence of the poem itself gives good evidence that the poet has written. It is harder to see, however, how the mere existence of the poem could show that men have loved. In part, whether men have loved depends upon just what love is...Since the poem is concerned with the nature of love, there is a sense in which what the poem says about love, if true, in part determines whether or not men have loved."

"I think class, this is a very good discussion about the poem. We shall further discuss this one tomorrow. Research on the background of Sir William Shakespeare and of course his love story for us to know him and help us interpret his works." Pagtatapos ko sa klase.

"Good bye, everyone."

--------------------------------------------->

Author's Note

You might be wondering why i am like teaching in this written work i have. Pardon me for i reallt love to tackle about this Sonnet. I wish to give the readers how we should view love- its meaning and nature. For in today's world, love has its struggle of protecting itself from a mutation brought by our modern ways of thinking. I wish also to contribute a literary effect that kids nowadays should not only read wattpad stories because it is trendy, but to divulge time in reading classical novels so as to enrich not only our experience of the present, but to have a glimpsed of the past. 

I confess that some of the ideas presented here are borrowed from authorities and i only used them for discussion purposes.

Thank you.