6 members-ch37

Scott’s point of view

I cant believe it I actually died? I looked up at my grandparents and paretns as they looked at me not sure of how to react.  It must have been awkward for them to tell their grandchild and son that he’s dead.  I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.  It’s hard to come to terms with it but I did risk my life to save Harry.  At least I did that.  I opened them again and everything seemed brighter.  Now there were strangers in front of me.

“Where did my parents go?” I asked the new six people standing in front of me.

They all laughed and looked at each other.  A man and a woman came walked forward.  I was a little hesitant but then saw the necklace hanging from the woman’s neck, it was my mom’s snowflake pendant.  “Mom?” I asked.

The lady smiled.  “Yes honey.”

“But how?” I asked still a little cautious.

“You took the next step.” The man I’m assuming who is my father said.  “When you accept your death you see everyone the same age.  No one grows old or gets sick or gets hurt.”

“Everything is enhanced to the next level” my mom said finishing my dad’s statement.

“Is this heaven?” 

“Oh no that is a whole other place.  You will be going there soon, just one more step.” My mom said coming closer.

“What’s that?” I said a little scared.

“First say goodbye to your dad and grandparents then we will leave.”

I didn’t really know what she was talking about but I did as she said without hesitating.  I hugged them all, they all said they would see me again very soon.

I went back to my mom and she took my hand.  “What are we doing?” I asked looking at her.

She just smiled and closed her eyes.  Next thing I know we are in a completely different place.  It was white everywhere from snow, we were on top of a mountain somewhere.  We were both dressed in all white clothes.  I looked all around me at how beautiful it was.  It was as if my eyes were enhanced 20 times.  The snow was lightly falling.  All you could see where mountain tops.  I looked over at my mom and she was smiling wide.  “Where are we?” I asked.

“This isn’t a real place.” She said which sort of disappointed me.  “This is a picturesque world that you grandfather brought me when i died after the accident.” 

“But why here?”

“Because I know how much you love the snow.  I remember baking in the kitchen and everytime it snowed you would run to the kitchen window and stare out at it.  Your eyes were taking it all in and understood how beautiful it was. Even as a child you shone when the snow fell.” 

I started blushing.  “Well then why are we here?  And where is dad and everyone else?”

She laughed a little.  “Those were the exact questions I asked.”  She motioned over to some rocks that were carved into seats almost like a throne.  “I’m the one who brought you here because when I passed away I became your guardian angel.”  I let outa small gasp.  “I’ve been with you every moment since  I was away.”

I instantly thought about everything that I did by pushing away the family, the mood swings, the… Harry.  I looked back up at her but she was just smiling.

“Don’t be scared.  You were such a string boy by going through everything you did by yourself.  I wish I was there to go through everything with you but I couldn’t.  I found myself trying to yell at you sometimes but you of course couldn’t hear me.”  She started to cry but then shook her head and grabbed her necklace.  I smiled and went to grab mine but it wasn’t here.  I looked all around me in case I dropped it but it wasn’t anywhere.