Arranged Life

I look into his eyes and I just seem to float.  That’s when I realise that I’m in love.

A few weeks earlier

I let a sigh slip between my lips; my dad looks over at me but doesn’t say anything.   I think about the events of the last few weeks.  How my dad picked up the phone when Danny had rang to see if I would go to Emma’s party with him.  All hell broke loose with that phone call. 

Right now we were headed to Birmingham, to my uncles’ house.  Where I would now be staying until I finished school.  School? What a complete joke, what was even the point?  It's wasn't as if they were ever going to let me make something out of my pointless life.

You see I’m not your typical British girl; I’m your typical Pakistani British girl, with typical and hardcore Pakistani parents.  One phone call and now I was being forced to leave everything behind, my friends and even my family.  I guess I deserved it, I did get caught.  Stealth wasn’t Danny’s best aspect.  His stupidity cost me dearly!

We pull up outside my uncles’ home, it was a Pakistani neighbourhood, I could tell by the fact that all the curtains in the street twitched when we pulled up.  Pakis could be seriously nosy.  I was use to living in stoke, where there wasn’t a Pakistani family on every street, here there was nothing but Pakistanis.  I let out another sigh as we get out the car; my dad popped the boot open to take out my suitcases.  I was going to be here for a while.  My uncle was already by the car; ready to greet was when my dad shut the car boot.  Paki’s were very efficient, they always knew the exact moment there guests arrived, it’s like they sit there by the window and wait and wait.  It almost like they have nothing better to do.  Then again, the fact that my uncle has got security camera’s surrounding his house, it is kind of hard to sneak up on him. 

 The porch light switched on blinding me when we reached the door.  Either my uncle needed it to see who was at the door, or it was to blind his unsuspecting victims so he could clobber them over the head.  Which ever it was, I didn’t really care, because right now I couldn’t see where I was going.  My aunty was the first one to greet me at the door; she gave me a big hug and covered my cheeks in saliva.  I conspicuously wiped my face with my sleeve as I gave her my biggest smile.  I wasn’t sure how much she knew about my situation.  That was the WEIRD thing with Pakis, they were really good at putting up a charade, you could never tell what was really going on in there minds, they were crafty little sods.  None the less, I loved my aunty and uncle to bits, even if they were fakes.

The next one to greet me was my lovely cousin Samira (her undercover associates call her Sam), she was the reason I didn’t fight to hard against coming here.  We were both on the same wave length when it came to undercover lives.  Everyone thought she was the perfect Pakistani girl, so she didn’t have such a tight leash on her.  I was sure some of my time here was going to be great, well it would be if Sam had anything to do with it.  She gave me a kiss on both cheeks for pretence purposes, she left extra slobber there just for the benefit off laughing about it later.  I wiped my cheeks on her shoulder when she pulled away.  No body noticed anything.  Nobody noticed how my eyes gleamed with anticipation of hanging out with my favourite cousin; the great thing was that we were the same age.

Sam moved out the way to let her brother pass, he gave me a nod as a greeting and went straight to my dad and shook his hand and headed out the door, I knew exactly where he was going.  His girlfriend only lived a few streets away, but they weren’t going to meet there, it was too open.  Too many people would see.  They were going to meet at star city to watch a movie.  I knew this because we had always been close; he had text me the other day telling me his plans when he learned that I would be coming to stay with them.  He wasn’t close to Sam but when it came to me it was a different story.  I had to try really hard not to laugh out loud, because I knew that my uncle thought that he was off too mosque..If only he knew the truth.