The Darkness

I was running. Running for my life. "It was all real"  "Roger! Help" cried Heather. "I shouldn't have brought her into this" I thought. "Help!" She screamed. Turn back. Why cant I turn back. Light. There is light ahead! I bursted through, and into the light.

There were sirens. Police cars... "A girl is missing." I heard an officer saying. "Who?" I heard a familiar voice. "A girl named Heather" said the officer. "You know her?" "Yes. She is my sister" I heard a person say. He sounds so familiar. Heather sounds familiar. Everything was blurry. The world was turning. I tried to get up.. "Hey don't push yourself!" That person said. "Who are you" I asked. "Dont you remember me? I am Eric. Heathers brother,." He replied. "Eric. Where am I?" I asked. I felt my head throbbing. "You are in Las Vegas." Eric replied. I tried to get up. " Be careful" Eric said with a worried face. " What happ...." I tried to ask. But then everything when dark.

I woke up in a bed. I saw Eric sitting next to me. "So you finally woke up" he said. "uhhh. What happened? Where am I?" I asked. My head swirling in confusion. "Your' in a hospital." Eric replied. "You just appeared out of nowhere.' he said. "Can you remember anything?" he asked. Saddness and worry starting to spread around his face. "no. Only darkness" I replied. Then there was a very still slilence. 

Eric started to fill fury build up inside his chest. "I can't take it anymore! I have been nice to you so answer my question! Where is my sister?" he demanded "I don't know" I replied. "You don't know!?! You were with her! You mysteriously appeared out of nowhere without her!" He screamed. "Look I don't remember anything. All I remember is darkness than light and I bursted through it." I said trying to calm Eric down. "Get this straight. I am going to hold you responsible for my sister's disappearance. I am going to find her. And to do that I need information. From YOU!" His eyes suddenly cold and malicious. "I don't know anything." I said looking down. "Be prepared Roger. I will come back." He said as he stomped out of my hospital room.

As soon as Eric left the room my new burden appeared. My parents. "Oh my gosh! What happened!?! Why didn't you come home? You are grounded after we get back Mr." My mom was fussing. "I am fine mom." I said  keeping a calm face on. "Ugh. You made me and your father worry sick!" She said. I smiled weakly for the first time since I woke up. My mom reassured by that weak smile relaxed just a little. "Anyways" she said " Me and your father brought you some books to read." She started showing all the classics. By the time she was done me and my dad were already half asleep. Just before my parents had to go, my dad snuck something in an envelope and put it under the pillow. He winked as he walked out of the door with my mom.

After they went I went and took the envelpe and slowly opened it. I took what seemed to be a Horror book. It was part comic part book (normal book). I opened it up and skimmed through the comic area. Then there was darkness. I saw heather being captured by something in the shadows. We were in another realm. I saw the light. I heard her scream for help. She was sobbing. Fierce fear on her face. I snapped back to reality and threw the book across the room. Trembling. 

 I heard a voice nagging at the back of my head. Don't hold back. Try to remember. It was a voice that I have heard before. A calm voice. You have to go save Heather. I calmed down a little and let my memory flow back. I was remembering the darkness. Than an eye. Just one eye, staring at me. One red malicious eye watching every step I make. I remembered other children there. I remembered one vital rule.

DON'T DIE.