Chapter 11: Mike

Heyz!

Here is the next chapter. I haven't edited it yet... so sorry if there are any mistakes. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 11: Mike

When I woke up the first thing I remembered was that today was a ball I had to go to. It would be full of vampires and the idea scared me a little. Suddenly Anny came barging in. “Still in bed?” She asked. “He? What do you mean…” but then I looked at the clock. 6.30 pm? Have I slept that long? How? “It’s probably the shopping trip.” Anny said without giving it a second thought. She pulled me out of bed and pushed me inside the bathroom. “Hurry up and get a shower!” She yelled. “Uuhm…” I answered. I kinda had that déjà vu feeling. Didn’t this happen yesterday? Yesterday Anny also pushed me inside the bathroom and look how I ended then? On heels and a little too hot of a dress for me… That isn’t predicting anything good for today.

But giving the time I hurried and took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and so on. 15 minutes later I stepped out of the bathroom wrapped inside a warm towel. “That was way too long!” Anny yelled angrily. “But this is a record speed for me.” I said but it was no use Anny was already combing my hair and doing my make-up at vampire speed. She let me put on a dress and heels and off I was. She wouldn’t even let me take one look in the mirror and when I asked her how I looked she said: “like a queen” and that was it.

She pushed me outside. 19.15 pm. “Hey, aren’t vampires nocturnal creatures, why are we going so early to a ball? And by the way where are the guys?” I asked looking around. Suddenly Chandler appeared next to Anny and he gave his love a quick kiss on the lips before he answered. “Wade and Vance are already gone and Bryant and Aldwyn said that they would go alone.” “Great.” I muttered. “Look on the bright side. Now you have the limo all on your own.” Anny said. “Limo?” I turned around and there were 2 black limousines parked right in front of the house.  “Aren’t you guys supposed to have vampire speed? ” I said. “Yes, but this is way more fun!” Anny exclaimed. “Now go, it’s an hour’s drive.” “An hour? Me, alone, in a limo. With only the limo driver? (who looked more creepy than you’d think). “

I tried to say something to Anny and Chandler but they were already near the limo and were in a heavy make-out session. I sighed. Maybe it’s better if I go alone then. I looked at my driver and shivers ran down my spine.

When I finally was sitting in the back of the limousine it was silent. I’d tried several times to talk to the driver but he wouldn’t say a thing so in the end I stopped bothering him. Guess he has sworn some oath not to talk or something.

I sighed and lay back in my seat. At least the seats were nice and comfy. I tried to look outside as to where we were going but I really didn’t have a clue. Everything passed by so quickly and the limousine went so fast that it was all a blur to me.

So in the end it was just me alone with my thoughts. At least I had time to inspect my dress. It was black and red. Tightly fitting near the waistline and showing a little cleavage. I giggled. I must look like the queen of vampires in this dress.

Not long after that we arrived at the destination. (wow, that was fast) The driver opened my door. Of course without saying a word. Carefully I stepped outside and watched in awe as I saw the most magnificent castle I’d ever seen. All around me there were people, probably vampires rushing through the gates towards the castle. I tried to look for Anny and Chandler but they were nowhere to be seen. I sighed. So much for that. I felt a little scared and alone at the moment but there wasn’t anything I could do about it so I followed the vampires towards the castle. I tried to keep a safe distance to everyone. Some were looking at me weirdly and I was scared that they might kill me but that didn’t happen.

When I finally entered the palace I could feel some warmth engulf me. This must be the strangest place I’ve ever been to. I looked at the other vampires in an effort to see which way I ought to go from here but somehow they all disappeared in different directions. What to do now? I stood there for a while weighing my options.

I could try and go back but I think that, that would get a lot of attention so that’s not good.

The other option was ask someone. I looked around but there wasn’t anyone that looked nice enough to ask.

Last option. Just walk in some random direction and hope you pick the right one. Oh, this didn’t sound very promising but it was the only thing I could do. So carefully I took a right and I followed a female vampire with a black and green dress. I made several turns and went up flights of stairs. In the end I lost sight of the black and green dressed vampire and got lost. Of course. This was just something for me. Getting lost at the biggest place I’ve ever seen. A castle filled with vampires.

Yeah, what now Hayley? I didn’t really know what to do so I stayed there in the middle of the room.

Suddenly I heard a booming voice: “You there!” I turned around and right there stood a very handsome guy. I would have been in awe if I wasn’t so aware of the fact that he was a vampire. “me?” I asked timidly. “Who are you and what are you doing here?” The vampire said as he walked up to me. Now he was only a step away for me which was a little nerve-racking if you might ask.

“I’m…” I said while looking up into his eyes. BIG MISTAKE! For a moment I was enchanted by his eyes hand he took the opportunity to grab me by the waist and pull me close to him. Immediately I awoke from his spell and tried to push him away though failed miserably. He grinned. “Let me go!” I yelled. “Wasn’t planning on it.” The vampire guy said with a grin. “You’ll regret this!” I warned him. “Why?” He asked curiously.

I didn’t really know what to say so I told him my name in the hope that it would work. “My name’s Hayley.” I said firmly. Somehow it seemed to work because I could see a hint of recognition in his eyes. “Aah, the human soon to be vampire.” The vampire guy said while creating some space between us. “So who are you?” I asked daringly. Though I knew that challenging a vampire might not be the best thing to do. “Michael but you can call me Mike.” He said with a beautiful voice. “So how did you end up here?” He asked. “Oh, uhm. Well, I kinda got lost.” I said. Mike grinned. Well I can help you find your way back little lamb if you do me a little favour and then Mike flashed his teeth. I hope he doesn't want me for dinner...