t w e n t y s i x

I placed the napkin I used beside my plate and reached for the glass to have some water.

The waiter approached our table with the bill and handed it to Jasper. While we were having our meal, Jasper told me to not think of paying for the meal since it was a date.

Jasper placed some notes in the bill book and handed the book to the waiter. It was nice to see someone finally paying with cash. I went on dates and everything was paid by a credit card. We got up from our table and made our way to the exit. We thanked our waiter and also the man at the front.

We walked out and walked back the same path walked. The sky was clear with few clouds floating around and the sun could be seen but it wasn't any warmer.

"So Jasper, where are we going next?" I ask.

"I'm not going to tell you where we are going next." He looks at me with a smile, we not a smile exactly.

"Of course." I sigh. "At least tell me about this place." I look at him.

"Well, this place comes alive only in December, basically just for Christmas. It's where there's a lot of music and so much more." He closes his eyes and describes a little.

"Is that all you're going to tell me?" He chuckled as we crossed the road. "Yup that's all I'm going to tell." I sigh and we walked to the car. He made me sit, closed my door and then came to the other side to sit on his seat.

"You're description doesn't really tell me much of the place." I put on my seatbelt.

"What's there to look forward to if I told you where we are going?" He asks me as he switched the engine on. "Besides it's not something that many wouldn't know. A lot of people know about this place during Christmas." He continues to say.

Clearly, I'm not one of them.

"You'll like the place, a lot." He assures. I lean back on the seat and watched the road ahead.

After beating the little traffic that was there we reached a new place. I could see nothing very specific except some trees with no leaves. Jasper parked the car and told me that we were here. I got off the car and he came over to my side.

We walked down the sidewalk and came to an entrance which after constantly staring at, I realised that it was the famous park in Philadelphia.

"You brought me here to the Love park," I say as we walked into the park.

"Glad you know the place but the park changes a lot for Christmas. There's a mini market here and you'll find plenty of fun things to do." He tells me.

"You sure are not like the other guys." I chuckle and say. "And I like that about you," I tell him.

"Thank you, I'll try to be same I guess." He blushes and we walk into a lane that has many little stalls on either side of it.

As Jasper described they were beautiful. There were speakers at different intervals that played some soft Christmas music and each stall was different.

We stopped in front of one of the stalls and I found a snow globe that I felt looked like something Emma would like. She had a small thing for collecting snow globes. I bought them for her.

We stopped in front of many more stalls. Jasper bought me some hand knitted beanie and I bought him the same so that we had the same thing. It was hard to convince him into letting me buy it for him.

We picked up little items which did not cost too much. We walked further in and there was a photo booth. We looked at each other and it was a mutual decision to get some pictures taken.