Chapter 3

~Ok so I decided to do two chapters in one day because this is where the story starts to get interesting. I'm still trying to decide who I want to play Kennedy but I have some ideas. If you think you can help me I'd love it! Thanks and ENJOY!~

I was awoken what seemed like seconds later to the sound of the heavy door being opened. A large shadow lumbered over me as I glanced up.

     “You ok there, JFK?” someone asked. His deep voice made me shiver in a good way as I noticed Mr. Rude from earlier that day standing in front of me.

            My head didn’t feel as groggy and I wasn’t nauseous anymore but I still had a major headache. The man in front of me didn’t offer me his hand as I struggled to stand. How chivalrous.

     “What are you doing out here?” I asked. “This is the employee area.”

            Sexy full lips quirked in to a smile. “Since I’m pretty sure you’re not an employee shouldn’t I be asking you that question?”

     “How do you know I’m not an employee?” I countered.

     “Because I’m a bartender here. I definitely would have noticed if I worked with the sexiest and clutziest redhead I’ve ever met.”

     “I really can’t tell if that was supposed to be a compliment or not.”

     “Take it how ever you want.” Mr. Rude ran his finger through his wavy blond hair making his biceps flex in the tight material of his t-shirt. I shivered again and grimaced at my body’s lust filled reaction to such an annoying person.

            A second later I stumbled in to the wall as another wave of dizziness crashed in to me. Mr. Rude held me up before I fell over and the second his hand touched the bare skin of my arms I felt another rush of power slide over my entire body. It was exactly the same feeling I’d had when I’d made everything in my bedroom move and when I’d hypnotized Percy. In that moment everything felt completely perfect. I looked up in to the eyes of the man in front of me and I could tell he was feeling the exact same thing I was. Electric currents danced along the surface of both our skins and enveloped us in a pale blue light. Minutes seemed to go by before he released me. The second our skin parted the energy rush was over.

            Mr. Rude was pacing back and forth mumbling to himself and every now and then he would look up at me and swear loudly. I don’t know how long we stayed like this but finally he stopped pacing and faced me.

     “Who is your king?” he asked. I stared at him like he was crazy but stayed silent. “Did you not hear me? Who is your king?” he bellowed.

     “Don’t yell at me like that jerk! And I don’t have a king. I live in America the home of the free and the brave. We don’t have kings or did you not learn about the American Revolution in high school?”

     “Are you joking with me right now? Because even if you aren’t one of my subjects I am very powerful and can have you punished for speaking to me like that.”

     “Go for it. I know my rights. See if you can lay a finger on me.”

            He looked at me hard. Like he was looking for something. What was this guy’s problem? Why was he so pissed off at a complete stranger? Why was a bartender acting like he was royalty? And shouldn’t we be discussing the weird light show we just put on when we touched?

     “Ok, well now that you’ve seemed to calm down and I’m feeling better why don’t we just go on our merry way and pretend like none of this ever happened.” I reasoned. World-class compartmentalizer at it again.

     “You really don’t know who I am?” he wondered.

     “No I don’t. Besides being unwarrantedly rude to me twice in one day I have never met you before in my life.”

     “Who are your parents?” he asked.

     “Peter and Wendy Forrester.”

     “Those were the people who raised you maybe but who are your real parents?”

     “You are getting way too personal right now. I’m not telling someone I don’t even know about my adoption history. Wait how did you even know they weren’t my birth parents?”

     “Oh Red, you are in for a rude awakening. I need to get back to the bar my break is over and I can’t afford to lose this gig now, but we need to talk more later. There is a lot you don’t know about who you are.”

     “I am just so confused right now.” I mumbled.

            Mr. Rude pulled me in to his arms making the electricity and power pulse over our skin again. He then gave me the most earth-shattering kiss I’d ever received. After he pulled back I stood there dumbfounded and licked my lips.

     “Oh Red please don’t lick your lips like you love the taste of me. You’re making it very hard to leave. I know you’re confused and I am going to explain everything but I have something really important to do right now.” He reached in to his pocket and pulled out a card from his wallet. Why did a bartender need a business card?

     “Take this and call me when you get home tonight. Please go get whomever you came with and leave now. There are some things going down that you shouldn’t be a part of.”

     “Wait? What’s going on? Is something dangerous going to happen? I have a lot of friends who work here I don’t want them to get hurt!” I cried.

            He kissed my forehead and ran his thumb over my lips. “Don’t worry beautiful I won’t let anyone get hurt. Just go now, and I’ll explain everything to you later.”

            Before I knew it I was alone again. I stared at the business card with the name Everett McCaffrey and a phone number. I flipped it over to see if there was any other information but the rest was blank.

            I felt completely shaken. What the heck had just happened? How did I go from being sick and passing out to completely fine in five minutes? And that rush I’d experienced for the second time today? What was that about? And why the hell had the most annoying person I’d ever met just kissed me like I was his reason for being? And why had I let him?