Wednesday

Alice shuffles to school. The rain had stopped but it didn't help her mood. She was still scared and scatter-brained from her dream. Her conversation with Joshua hadn't helped her. She couldn't believe it was Wednesday. Today was supposed to be her favorite day, but now it's just a total nightmare.

 In classes, she couldn't concentrate. At lunch, her mind was somewhere else. She was a lost hope. When school was over, she felt like nothing happened. When she got back to her house, she stared up at her room window. It looked upon the street and was the only window on the second floor that faced the street. Her room was in the attic.

She opened the door. It was silent. She was used to it, but today it seemed like it was tense. She went up the stairs and walked through the long hallway to her room. She changed and plopped onto her bed. She had no homework, surprisingly (or she doesn't remember), so she took out her secret notebook. No one knew about it. Her parents never went into her room and her boyfriend doesn't even know where her house is.

Inside her notebook was drawings. Most of them were from last year. They were illustrations of natures and happy go-lucky scenes. Though now, they were all dark, images of him. He filled her pages. His hair, his body, everything she could remember from her dreams. She took out her pen and started sketching. She yawned. God, was she tired. Her eyelids felt heavy. Slowly, as if by hypnoses =, she drifted unknowingly into the realm of sleep.