Telekinesis

He hears a girl scream, "Lio, you have to stop! You are going to get yourself hurt!" Lio thinks to himself, what is going on? He feels intense heat rushing through his veins and looks up to see his arm extended, pointing in the direction of two men floating in midair. Before he has time to grasp what is happening, he hears an object whistle through the air. Time seems to slow down as a blade crosses Lio's vision, the cold steel grazing against the hairs on his cheek as he narrowly dodges it. As Lio turns around, a sudden surge of energy pulsates through his body, discharges outward with a tremendous force, and crushes his attacker beneath the blow. 

          Lio wakes up in a cold sweat and his alarm ringing in his ear. After turning it off, he sits up and takes a moment to realize that he was just dreaming. Relieved, he stands up and heads downstairs but is cut short as he feels depleted of energy. Assuming it to be his hunger, Lio sluggishly heads downstairs and sees his mother preparing breakfast. "Good morning, honey! How did you sleep?" asks his mother. "I slept great!" answers Lio, cloaking the truth and keeping it to himself. "Good! Your breakfast is on the counter." Lio, barely able to keep himself awake, slowly eats. Once finished, he grabs his backpack and heads to school.

          "Come on boys, let's see what Mr. Temis is up for today," said Herm, the school jock, just minutes after he and Lio had encountered each other. Herm is a broad-shouldered, muscular, attractive individual, who is as barbaric as a viking. A popular one of course, who you will see promenading through the halls with his clique, primarily fake friends. School ends and Lio dashes down the street towards his home, hoping to not run into Herm on his way back. As expected though, Lio's escape is overwhelmed when Herm and his friends come within view. "Look who we have here boys," says Herm, "Lio Temis trotting along the road like he doesn't have a care in the world." The boys laugh in cue, stopping as Lio starts to speak, "I don't want any trouble Herm. Just please leave me be." "Oh we will leave you be, Temis." says Herm, "After you get your share. Come on boys, let's see what Mr. Temis is up for today."

          Lio dashes the opposite way of the gang, making his route home much more confusing than he anticipated. "We're coming for you Temis!" says Herm. Lio can hear the gang's footsteps far from himself; however, slowly gaining upon him. I must go faster! Faster you coward! he says to himself as he starts to reminisce about the last time he ran. There is no way I can outrun them! I haven't run in years! Even as Lio says this to himself, he still has a meager amount of confidence that he might actually be able to surpass them. This is until Lio recalls that they were all on last year's track team and were ranked first place for each individual race. Θα είναι άχρηστο! he says to himself, How did I just speak that? *Thmp, thmp, thmp*, Lio can hear the footsteps of his attackers just feet away, pounding against his eardrums. He attempts to push passed the blockade that are his limits, but fails and gasps as a force heaves against his back.

          The last thing Lio retained in his memory was running from Herm and falling over, striking his forehead against the hot asphalt. All Lio sees is the darkness within his mind, I must have blacked out, he says to himself. He starts to feel a kicking sensation against the region of his lower rib cage and retreats deeper into his thoughts to eliminate the agony that is torturing him. As he does this, millions of long strands of light come into view from an invisible passageway within his mind. The strands maneuver in a slither-like way, giving off the perception of snakes. Lio, mesmerized by the phenomenon, doesn't notice the increasing amount of pain that is being applied to him. The filaments of light detect Lio and slither around him, increasing their speed until they conjoin to form a spinning sphere where Lio is the core. The globe takes the shape of Lio's body and condenses to where it just lightly taps his skin. Once the light and Lio touch, the light turns into a spectrum of color, creating a magnificent display as they absorb into his skin. Lio becomes alert as a second conscience connects to his brain. Awake my child, says the invisible entity, and let me guide you. Lio is confused and tries to ask a question but is unable to speak. A rush of pain courses through Lio as he is forced awake.

          Lio awakes and hears himself shout, "σφυγμός!" I didn't just say that, he says to himself when he grasps the thought that he never even recalled moving his mouth. As he shouts, part of Herm's clan zoom outward into the street. Herm and the other portion of his gang watch as their friends skid across the asphalt. Petrified, they attempt to flee from the horror that unfolds. Lio tries to regain control over his own body but is unable to do so. The conscience controlling his body shouts again using the vocals of Lio, "κτυπώ δυνατά!" A torrent of air expands outwards into a ripple and swipes Herm and the other's from underneath their feet, causing them to flip and land with an unpleasant impact. The conscience shouts "ανεβείτε!" and Lio goes airborne towards the sky, leaving the injured in the dust.