Chapter 6: Deeper

A few days passed and it was a relief that there were no rumors spreading about the incident that afternoon when Paul kissed me. But I was afraid that Faith knew about it because she wasn't that attentive with me when we hang out. She looked bothered but I didn't have the guts to ask her if she knew about it. What if she didn't know and that she's just bothered about something else? I was still tensed because I didn't know what's going on her mind. 

The plan was still on and I still felt like wanting to end it but I didn't know if Trixie stopped being obsessed with Paul. It has been a while and I couldn't understand why Trixie was still after him? Why not just another guy? I just decided that maybe this was because of Paul's popularity though Justin was also almost that popular, Trixie seemed not to notice him. 

***************** 

It was lunch in the cafeteria and I was sitting with Paul as usual. He was playing absently with my hair that was tied up in a bun. I was munching chips when he pulled my elastic pony from my hair and my hair fell swinging. 

"I can smell your hair from here. I just like it," Paul smiled sweetly while breathing deep. 

What was Paul doing? He was beginning to fright me out the past few days since after the kiss. He was acting better and better that could make others believe that we really were together and worse for me because I was beginning to get more and more involved with him. I was beginning to believe his acting myself and that just made me more scared. 

Sometimes I just found myself staring at him or gaping at him while we were together and when I see him with Trixie, I felt like I wanted to go there and pull him away from her but I try very hard to restrict myself because I wasn't his real girlfriend. Now, I know how Faith feels like when Paul was with Trixie and that only meant I was feeling something for Paul more than what I must be. 

I knew it from the start. I like him since the first day I met him and was afraid to admit that I did because he was with Faith and they were perfect for each other and I think they love each other that much that they even get to desparate measures like this. 

"Dirt on my face?" he asked smiling when I realized I was staring at him again. 

I felt heat in my face and ears so before he could think of anything else. I tried to snatch back my pony but he raised his arm high in the air so I couldn't reach it while sitting down. 

"Hey!" I said. 

I stood up and tried to get it but he lowered it in his chest so I sat down. 

"Give it back, Paul..." I didn't like this. 

I was playing with him now. I sighed and shook my head and looked away. 

"Okay, Okay. I won't move. You can have it now," he said while stretching his hand on the other direction. I looked and raised my brow to him. 

"Promise, I won't move," he said. 

That was my last pony so I needed it back because I wasn't used with my hair down when it was dry. I tried to reach it while still in my seat. I stretched my hand to his hand and my shoulder were touching his musculat chest now and my cheek to his face. When I reached my pony, he kissed me in the cheek and I blushed in surprise then pulled away from his touch immediately. 

My heart was really pounding now. 

"Aww... how cute, Cris! Public display of affection?" it was Trixie and I realized all students in the cafeteria were looking at us. 

"I wonder how Faith..." she started saying when I looked around to look for her. 

Faith? What if she was here? I was so stupid, I wanted to slap myself hard. I haven't thought of her just a while ago. Stupid dumb friend you are, Cris. I thought. 

Then Paul squeezed my hand under the table and I knew he meant to stop looking around for her. 

"Trixie, stop it." Paul said sounding irritated. 

"Come on Paul. Many saw you that afternoon when you..." she was going to say kissed. I know it when Justin arrived. 

"Trixie!" Justin said and said something urgent and tugged her away. 

"Don't look for Faith when Trixie's around, Cris. She'll notice," Paul whispered but now with his normal sweet voice. 

I looked at him in the eyes and then he smiled like nothing happened.