Chapter 1

I stomped off to my room and slammed my door, probably knocking down a couple of pictures in the living room.

I was tired of this. Mama keep leaving me in this house watching Jael like that's my child. I'm her sister not her Mama.

I searched my hoodie pockets for my ear buds. Plugged them into my phone and put them in my ears. I blew air out of my mouth in frustration and I flopped down on my bed. I don't know how much more I could take of this.

I was listening to my favorite song Blessing by Kcamp but it stopped. I looked at my phone and realized August was trying to FaceTime me. I straight ignored the call. This boy hadn't called me in two days. So as of now forget him.

Few minutes later, Odell texted me with a normal conversation. Then asked was I mad at Aug.

"Ugh!" I groaned at the phone. I didn't text him back after that. I just blasted my music.

Then I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was my lil sister Jael.

"What?!" I growled.

"Can you pour me something to drink?" She asked.

"Jael get the hell away from me! You can pour yo own shit! Get out my face!" I waved her off.

She huffed and stomped off. Now usually I would go and pop her for stompin in this house like that but I really don't care at this point.

My phone rang again stopping my song. It was August but I answered this time.

Auggie💜🔐: Damn babyeh! Why ya' been a ignorin ma' calls?

Me: Why haven't you called me in two days?

Auggie💜🔐: I jus' been busy. I'm sorry I was tryin but I jus' ain' have time.

Me: Wateva. I don't really care.

Auggie💜🔐: If yaon care why ya' have a attitude?

Me: I don't.

Auggie💜🔐: Lies.

Me: You don't have to believe me but it is what it is.

Auggie💜🔐: What she do na'?

Me: Keep lockin me in this house watchin Jael like I'm her fuckin Mama

Auggie💜🔐: Aye watch yo mouth. And ya' gotta. Dats yo sis an' ya' said ya'd do anythang ta' help ya' Mama

Me: I really don't care at this point I'm finna get out this mf today. You can guarantee that.

Auggie💜🔐: Wait! Lemme come getcha'

Me: No...

Auggie💜🔐: Why not?

Me: I'm still mad at you

Auggie💜🔐: Damn. Babyeh I'm sorry. Lemme make it up to ya'... plz?

Me: Ight. I guess Aug.

Auggie💜🔐: Coo! I be der in about 10 minutes. I luh ya'.

Me: Love you too.
*click*

I walked in the kitchen and found Jael on her knees cleaning up spilled water.

"How the fuck you do that!?" I gritted rolling my eyes.

"I was tryna..." she spoke softly.

I held up my hand, "Just shut up. And go get dressed."

"Where we goin?"

"I'M goin with friends. YOU'RE goin wit Evelyn."

"Why can't I go?"

"Because I fuckin said so! Now go get dressed like I told you too!"

Again she did that stomping and huffing thing.

"And do it again and see if I don't throat punch you!"

I heard her slamming clothes down on the bed. I know because I heard the smacking of the clothes on the sheets.

I rolled my eyes and sent a group message. And texted Evelyn. Everybody replied with Yes's and Hell Yea's. Stuff like that. Smiling, I locked my phone and went to find my outfit.

I opened the door to my walk-in closet and looked for the outfit for today. I don't even know where I wanna go. All I know is I'm ready to get the hell out this house.

My final decision for my outfit was my Camo jeans, Black crop-top and my Bred 13s.

I went in the bathroom and took a quick shower. I got out and checked my phone and Evelyn said she didn't mind watching Jael. Cool.

August just texted me.

*Text Message*
Auggie💜🔐: Outside...

Me: Okay just gettin out the shower but door's 🔓
Auggie💜🔐: Ight.

I threw my phone down on the bed and started to dry off.

"Auggie Pooh!!" I heard Jael shout.

I chuckled to myself. She loves that boy. I finished getting dressed and walked in the living room to see Aug tickling Jael.

"Boy if you don't leave her alone so she can put on her shoes!" I laughed.

"Ight. Ight. Ya' got lucky dis time Shortie." He teased.

She giggled and ran to grab her shoes.

August got up and walked towards me. He rested his hands on my hips and bent down to kiss me.

"Hey babyeh." He mumbled against my lips not breaking the connection.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and stepped on my toes to reach his lips.

"Ewww!" Jael frowned.

Me and August laughed. Then I grabbed my house keys, he grabbed his truck keys and we all went out to his truck.

He put the car in ignition and drove off to Evelyn's.