Day 14

Day 14

******

Sebastian’s POV

******

She’s gone.

My heavy breathing and the rain crashing against the window, is all you can hear in the silent motel room. Even though it is morning, it is dark outside because of the grey clouds covering the sky. The rain hasn’t stopped since yesterday, and I feel as if the weather is controlled by my emotions. I stand beside the window, looking out into the gloomy city. After a few moments I turn back to the bed that is neatly made, where Victoria left a note yesterday.

When I arrived at the office yesterday, I tried to finish as fast as possible; but complications arose which caused me to stay longer. The whole day, I was anxious to get back because Victoria was in a bad state. Melissa had been calling and texting me nonstop, I had no idea what to do. When I finally arrived at the motel, I entered the room, only to find out it was empty. I was concerned because I had seen her car outside, yet she was nowhere to be seen.

Then I saw the note on her bed, with her cell phone next to it, I already knew what was on it, even though I had not read it. After a few minutes of staring at it, I finally got the courage to read it:

Dear Sebastian,

I can’t do this anymore. I know I will probably ruin the business for you by doing this and I am terribly sorry, but you are an amazing lawyer and will go far. I am leaving, somewhere where no one will find me, away from my father, and away from you. Over the past days that I have spent with you, I feel like I got close to you. I wish you the best with Melissa and your child.

P.s. Please don’t look for me.

Sincerely Victoria

I left the room immediately after I read it, I roamed the streets for hours: looking for her. I came back empty handed. Thus, explains why I’m just staring at the note with emptiness in my chest; which I cannot explain. My mom explained this once to me when I was younger, she said one day I would understand.

***

“Mommy, Mommy! Did you try my lasagna?” I asked with my small voice

“It was delicious, my boy” She said as she gathered me in an embrace and congratulated me.

“I learned from the best” I smirked.

“You’ll win a girl’s heart over by cooking, don’t ever forget that.” She smiled.