Chapter 3- Dropping in on Zach

I tried to take in what they said, but I just couldn't comprehend. Apollo stood next to my mother, waiting for my reply. I looked him over one more time; he didn't look anything like me, besides the curly hair, perfect nose, and same shaped eyes. Holy crap, this was my dad. 

I gaped until I got angry and then exploded, "Where the hell have you been the last fifteen years of my life?" That seemed to shock them, but I kept going, "I mean, you couldn't have sent a birthday card saying 'hey I'm your dad, Happy Birthday'?" He stared at me; his facial expression not changing, but Mary was furious.

"Halia, don't you think you should be at least thankful he came now?" She asked in a vexed tone.

I didn't speak to her, but to him instead, "right, at the age of fifteen. You could've at least came on my birthday, which was about a week ago. But oh well, better late than never, right Mary?" I glance at her, "were you saying that all these years because of him?" when she didn't answer I stomped out of the kitchen and into the living room. 

Curling up on the couch, I listened to the conversation between them; mostly it was just Mary apologizing for my behaviour. I couldn't hear what he was saying, but by the time their conversation ended I was asleep. 

~*~

Voices filled my head, as I stared into darkness. 

"She has to go, it's the only place she will be absolutely safe," When I heard his voice, I pictured him in his purple robe sitting on the chair next to me. 

There was a slight clinging of glass, "I know," My mother answered. 

"Come on Mary, Zach will be going with her," when I heard his name I snapped up, startling my mom. She jumped back in surprise while Apollo sat in the chair looking at me. I noticed that he had changed clothes to something less extreme; blue jeans, a dark blue T-shirt, and a pair of converse, "Good morning Halia," 

As my mother was about to say something, a loud screech came from outside. My hands shot over my ears as did my mother's but Apollo, AKA Dad, shot out of the chair and glanced out the front window. He urgently grabbed me and towed me to the back door with my mother following. The sound of something crashing through the window filled the hallway as Apollo pushed me out the door. 

"What'sgoing on?" my mother yelled over the screeching. Outside I noticed a golden chariot looking thing with a white horse with wings attached; it had to be the most beautiful creature I've ever seen. The horse neighed at the sight of us. 

"They've found her," he told us, "Come on!" he quickly set us on the chariot and yelled something at the horse. As soon as the chariot lifted off, I saw a horrifying creature enter the back yard; a woman's body with bird's feet and bat wings. The image made me shiver. I watched as the thing came after us; wind whipped through my hair as I scream for him to go faster. 

Immediatley the chariot dipped down and I saw that we were headed straight for Zach's house. I didn't haave time to ask questions before Apollo turned around and pushed me off the chariot. My mother yelled when I started falling. I screamed as I watched them get smaller and smaller. 

In an instant my screams were cut off and I was floating. I realized I must've fallen in Zach's pool and swam to the top where I met the frightened face of Meagan, Zach's older sister. 

I smiled at her, "hey Meagan." I said as I lifted myself out of the pool, "is Zach home?" She nodded and pointed to the second story window where Zach's room was. "Thanks," I ran past her and into the house. I walked towards the stairs, water trailing after me as I went up. I started to feel bad considering I'm not the one cleaning the mess up later. 

Turning into the hallway I knocked on the first door. Music blasted out of the room, so he coudln't hear me. I knocked again except louder, still no answer. I twisted the knob and barged in not paying attention to the piles of socks and underwear scattered all over the floor. Zach didn't notice it was me who walked in because he started yelling at me like I was Meagan.

"If I wanted you in here then I would've answered the door, Jesus Meagan why do you have to be such a..." he turned around and saw me standing in the middle of his room with a puddle forming around me. "Halia, what are you doing here?" He asked in a curious tone, "and why are you covered in water?" 

I ran up to him and hugged him; tears started to fill my eyes as we stood there. I let him go after a minute and grabbed his arm. I stopped and noticed that he was only wearing a pair of shorts, "Ugh, why don't you have clothes on?" I whined. 

He looked at me as if I was crazy, "what are you my mom? It's my house, why would I..." I cut him off by throwing a shirt in his face. I watched as he put on the shirt and slipped on a pair of sneakers. "Where are we off to?" he asked pushing his sandy blond hair out of his face. 

"I have no idea," I answered honestly as I pulled him out of the room.