The Gorgeously Hot Guy Next Door!

"Kath, can you do me a favour?" my mum called to me from across the room. She was bustling pots and pans around making a dreadful noise. Her short arms barely making it around the edges of the big brown box she had put them in. I could only see he tip of her long auburn hair over it and I was just wondering how she could see over this mountain of kitchen utensils, when she lost her footing sending my mum crashing to the solid wooden floor.

I jumped of the black bar stool I had positioned myself on to help her up. Luckily she had saved the pans and other kitchen things from splashing all over the floor but it had still made a head splitting smash. I helped her to her feet and once I had made sure she was fine I burst into laughter. I mean it was funny. What was she doing with that box anyway? She stood up and glared at me placing her hands on her curvy hips.

"Kath Newton! That was not funny, now will you do me a favour or not?" she said sternly looking at me, but I could see the flicker of humour in her vibrant green eyes. My mum was a great mum and since my dad died she has always been understanding and my best friend. I do have other friends but none like my mum.

"Fine I will do you a favour," I choked out after my laughing fit had surpassed. "but you have to admit it was funny. What were you doing with all those pots and pans anyway?" I asked while picking up the box to place it on the shiny granite worktop.

"That would be your favour. I need you to take it across the road. It's for the new neighbours there."

"You are giving them kitchen stuff? Do they not have their own?" I replied in an unbelieving tone.

"No, their house burned down and I thought it would be a nice gesture to give them something useful. Rather that than a pie or some other kind of my home made rubbish."

"Okay, I will take it over to them. It's nice of you to spare them of your dire cooking. Next time could you spare me?" I asked while putting fake innocence in my voice as I picked up the box. My arms were longer than my mums so I got a better grip. Only by a little as it is a very big, and heavy, box.

"Oh Ha Ha!" She retorted sarcastically. I let out a giggle.

"Do you know anything about our mysterious neighbours?"

"Well I know there is a very good looking lad about your age." She waggled her eyebrows as she said this. I hate it when parents say things like that. What is the need? It is not natural and I always go beetroot red with embarrassment. I know I said she was my best friend, that doesn't mean we talk about boys. That is just not right.

"Eww mum!" I shouted. I shook my head like in doing so it would shake that comment out of my head. Boys and my mum are two things I love, but two things that should never be mixed. Together it is well... Wrong!

I quickly struggled out of the door before my mum could say any more. I could feel my auburn hair flowing gently in the caressing wind. I got my red hair and perfectly svelte but curvy body from my mum. However my big dark brown eyes that almost look black are from my dad. I cannot remember my father as it was so long since he passed away though through pictures I have seen just how alike we were.

I stumbled across the pebbled street finally reaching the white house. It was a house that people dream of. The perfect fairy tale house, well more of a cottage than a house. It had a brown thatched roof and white bricks that had dark green ivy creeping and winding in-between the cracks.

This house was the same as mine. As I reached the brown door I just realised the impossibility of ringing a bell when you are carrying a box. I tried manoeuvring it so I could reach one hand out but that was soon proving to be an unwise choice. I decided, quite stupidly, to put my back towards the door so I could knock the door with the back of my head. I hadn't really thought of the repercussions that might have on my delicately soft head. Anyway to late now. I thought as I went to thud the door for the third time. I braced my head for an impact that never came. I just kept falling back. Someone must of answered the door. My head told me. Like this was important as I was falling through the air with heavy pots and pans. Just as I thought my head was about to show how much harder a floor is to a door I felt arms wrap around my body. Soft gorgeous muscular arms I may add. I opened my eyes and let out a breath I hadn't realised I had been holding, only to suck it back in again at the site of the most gorgeous guy I have ever had the pleasure to set eyes on. His midnight blue eyes glowed against his tanned flawless face. I hate to admit it but mum was right.

"You are hot!" passed my lips in my dizzy faze and the last thing I heard was the warm chuckle of the gorgeous guy across my street as darkness took me into unconsciousness.

***

Another Story :-)

English writing revision. The One Kind of revision I like!