2.

You're probably thinking, "Wow! You had your first drink when you were that young?"

Honestly I would be thinking the same thing if it were someone else. I guess it was supposed to be a lesson to make me not want to drink anymore. You know how people will make their kid smoke a whole pack of cigarettes when they catch them smoking, so they get sick and don't want to smoke anymore?

Well, I guess it was supposed to work like that. Obviously it didn't.

My dad was outta my life as quick as he showed up in it. I didn't let it bother me. I knew he smoked crack and drank and I didn't really want much to do with him anyways.

When I was 12-13 I started sneaking around smoking cigarettes and shortly after smoked weed every so often. I slowly progressed my way up into harder things.

When I was 14, I drank occasionally.

When I was 15 is when it started. I dropped out of school basically so I could do whatever I wanted. I'd sneak out and go get wasted and show up home the next morning feeling like hell.

We were living with my grandpa who was dying of cancer, and one day I woke up and found out he'd been rushed to the emergency room that morning.

They brought a hospital bed to our home and all their machines so he could die in his home. I was too scared to tell him bye. My grandfather passed away in our living room and I never even told him I loved him. I was a sorry excuse for a granddaughter.

My grandpa and I weren't close as we used to be when I was younger but he would do anything he could for my sisters and I. He loved us and we loved him, I just wouldn't show that I cared. Now I wish I had.

Shortly after he passed away things got a lot worse.