preface

-Chloe's Perspective-

Ashton playfully slips his fingers in my hair, smiling like a child at this act. I turned to face him and our noses brush softly. We laugh but move away.

Ashton and I are those kind of best friends where everything we see or do is apparently funny. We'll just look at each other for a second and burst out laughing the next.

Yea, yea. Everybody thinks we should date, but I sometimes think that dating ashton will somehow break the bond we share.

You probably think im absolutely wrong, but I dont believe love is real.

Its like that one song thats completely heartbreaking called Terrible Things by Mayday Parade when he says, 

"Dont fall in love, theres too much to lose"

I couldnt risk losing the best friend I've had since the beginning.

"Chloe, whats wrong?" I look up to see Ashton glancing at me.

"You kinda slipped off on me. Daydreaming of how my body looks nude huh?" Ashton laughs.

"Oh sure Ashton. how'd you know??? Very funny, but that only happens in your most wildest dreams," we laugh for a while until ashton recieves a text from his mom.

"She's outside. See you later chloe? Text me when you have free time"  

Ashton packs his blue jansport backpack and winks playfully at me. I smile at him and guide him to the entrance of my house.

"See you Chloe" he waves.

"See you Ash." I smile.

Ashton gets in his car, kisses his moms cheek and waves a quick farewell toward my direction. I watch them go, smiling as I enter the house again.

"You and Ash, hmmm" I hear my sister's voice behind me.

"C'mon Sam, you know we're just best friends" I wave her off.

"Wait Chloe," Samantha grabs at my elbow.

"Hmm?" I turn toward her once again.

"Then can I have him?" She asks innocently. I'm offended and dont know why.

"Why of course not Sam! Why would you ask something so absurd?" 

I stare sternly at her and she loosens her grip on elbow and backs away.

"Well sorry Chloe. I thought you didnt like him, I guess I was wrong..." Sam walks away, leaving me speechless and offended.

I thought about it for couple of moments and asked myself,

"Do I like Ashton?"

And without thinking, I turn away and feel a smile stretch across my face.

Oh god, please dont dissapoint me. First crushes don't always turn out well, do they?