Chapter 1

Recap:

I woke up in time to see the "Welcome to Long Beach," I got away.

I got away....

***Sapphire's POV

I got off the bus at the last stop, me being the last one. I got into a taxi to get me to my aunts and uncles.

When I get there they both run out the door and ran up to me once I got out of the taxi, they both grabbed my belongs and we went inside. My room is just how I remembered from all my past visits.

They went downstairs to let me settle in. I am almost done unpacking and I found a picture that was taken when I was younger of my parents and me before my parents started to abuse me. I sit down one the bed thinking but before I am too lost in my mind my aunt yells up "Sapphire, come down here!"

I run down to see why she had to yell so loud.

I get down there and she is running around the kitchen cooking and a mess everywhere. "Sapphire, the Alpha is coming for dinner to meet you." She explains the mess.

Oh, no not the Alpha. Oh did I forget to tell you I am a werewolf. And the Alpha is cold, heartless, and mean. Not to forget the Alpha of the biggest pack in the world. As well as the youngest. He took over when he was 17 years old and he is only 21 now.

In all my thinking my aunt is done with dinner and she is pushing me upstairs to get ready. I shake all my thought and run up and get ready.

I am slipping on my dress that I have just put away and I hear the doorbell ring.

I quietly slide half way down the stairs so I can not be seen from the door.

"Alpha won't you and your mother come in."

Here goes nothing.

I finish walking down the stairs. I feel everyone's eyes on me. But the Alpha's eyes caught me off guard. "MINE" he growled.

He walked up to me and grabs my waist and pulls me extremely close to him, and he pushes his head into my neck breathing in my sent.

I feel safe and protected. But scared. He pulls away slightly, and looks me in my eyes. His eyes are like a sea on a stormy night, blue but grey. "What is your name?" He asked bringing me out of my trance.

"S-s-apphire" I replied shaky. "Are you okay Sapphire, your shaking. I am Caden" That is when I started tearing up, what if he rejects me because of my past. "Sapphire, baby why are you crying?"

"If you are going to reject me, just do it now."

"Baby why would I ever reject you, even though I just met you, I can tell that I love you." He is not going to reject me? He will once he finds out what my parent did. Guess he is not that cold and heartless.

"You will want to, my past is too much."

"No matter what you tell me baby I will never leave you. Will you come and live with me and my pack." Should I go with him. He doesn't care about my past, but he will.

"I was abused" I blurted out to him, I forgot that his parents and my aunt and uncle were in the room.

"What??!" Caden growled.

"My parents. They abused me. " I lowered my head afraid of what he will say or do next. He just hugged me and whispered sweet things in my ear.

"Come home with me right now, we can go pick up some food on the way and then go to bed. Sound good?" He still whispers into my eat, and I just nod.

"Bye Aunt and Uncle, see you soon." (I don't remember if I gave the aunt and uncle names so that is just how it will be) I wave bye to them. And with that Caden pulled me out of the house and to his car.

He opened the door for me and I get in. On the way to his house we picked up some Wendy's, I just got some fries.

Once we got to his house, he lives separate from his parents, I was already half asleep. He got out of the car and came over to me and picked me up.

He carried me to his room and laid me on the bed, and he left. But I just cuddled up with a pillow and was almost asleep.

Caden came back in and I felt the bed dip as he got in. He made me let go of the pillow and turned me into his chest and then I was out like a light.