Chapter 1 - The elements

I have attached a song to this chapter which I felt is fitting to give a good kick off to this story and thank you to Laurss for my amazing cover :D ~

'Black star, black star

                               Forever you will be

                                                            A shining star, shining star

                                                                                                    Be whatever you can be' ~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chapter 1 - The Elements ~

Here I was with nothing but this stupid piece of parchment, to an academy that could never be mine nor would I be accepted as easily. I was told by my parents to hide who I was, my identity was important. I was to only rely on the owner of the academy and no one else, we were distrustful by nature so I guess that worked to my advantage. We had to be, not long ago we were betrayed by those who were meant to be allies, we were the extinct species, and in that realization came a life of wilderness and running on a road with no destination. No, stop, I scolded myself, I could not dwell on the past, I had to move on, I was to be a leader, yet, I hated the fact that my life is taking such a dramatic turn, but I was told there was a drastic change of events and I must attend this academy, not only for me, but for the future of my race, I was their star of light. I had to bow down, my first and foremost duty fell towards my race, and they were important to me. 

As I floated towards the academy, I gently walked towards the huge red door with its intricate golden decor, I frowned at the words written on it, I wasn't able to decipher them, they were in a language unknown to me, which in itself was shocking, I was a master in languages, my parents would accept nothing less, they made sure that I was able to converse in nearly all languages possible. Evidently they forgot this one, I chuckled to myself. 

I pushed open the door, I saw batches of students walking past, talking happily, catching up on eachother's gossip, but what astonished me the most was the younger students mixing together and showing off their elements. It was mingling with eachother and being open about everything that left me in awe. Not only that, but it made me wistful as well as anrgy. My childhood had never been this friendly, indeed in my race there were hardly any my age ever to keep me company never mind the younglings from other races, and here the other races were, without a care in the world being all playful together, my childhood in comparison felt so harsh. I pushed away the anger and bitterness, indeed it was not the fault of these younglings, that caused my nation so much loss and suffering, I would be calm and composed ready to face my duty to my race. 

As I looked on, I assessed each of the bearers of the elements creating the enchanting visions in front of me. There seemed to be the water younglings spraying water all around; they must be the Sirens - the Ärtica nation; trying to create mini fountains bursting from their hands, they seemed untrained, they must be the youngest and just arrived. With their cascading assortment of dark and light hair, they were beautiful. Yet their beauty was most prominent in their eyes, their stunning deep blue eyes, that varied from owner to owner, I was told that their eyes changed from blue to grey when they were angry, just like water could change colours, but right now their eyes were the deepest blue shining with the joy they were feeling.