chapter 5

@@@ Nalani's @@@

"Nalani! Get your narrow ass down here!" Trent yelled, from the living room. He's been talking to me like this ever since I tried running away. He hasn't hit me again, but I'm pretty sure that, that's only because I've been keeping a low profile. The bruises have lightened slightly, but not much.

"What." I sneered, once I got to the bottom of the steps. I came face to face with a rather atractive male. his facial features were very similar to Trent's.

"This is my bother, David." Trent spoke up. Oh, so this must be the brother he was telling me about. The last thing I need right now is two Trent's.

"Hi." I uttered, up at 'David'. He looked down and smirked.

"Hello, Nalani."

I turned to leave, when I felt a rough hand on my Jaw, forcing me to look up at none other then, David.

"You did this?" David asked, examining the bluish mark above my left eye.

"Yes." Trent responded, with a guilty look crossing his face.

"Nice." David whispered. I feel bad for the girl that got stuck with him.

As if on cue, a girl around that looked around the age of 17 came through the front door. she had long brown hair, light green eyes, and she was very thin. Not sick thin or anything, but fairly small. she was really pretty.

"Oh, Nalani this is Ashley." David introduced her, slowly dropping his hand from my face.

"Hello." she greeted in a soft voice.

"Nalani, show Ashley to my brother's room." Trent demanded, earning him one roll of the eyes from me.

"Fine." I mumble walking up the steps.

"This is your stop." I sigh, softly shoving the door open.

"Thanks." she whispered, fiddling with her fingers nervously.

"it's fine." I smiled polightly. She's so cute like a baby, but not as small or annoying.

"Well I guess I'll-" I started

"Please stay with me!" she begged, with fear covering her bright eyes.

"Sure..." I respond, slightly taken back. She pulls me in and we settle down on the queen sized guest bed. After a long moment of awkward silence, she turned to face me.

"How long have you been here?" She asked curiously.

"Not long, like a week maybe." I answer.

"Trent must be nice." she sighs.

"Not really, he's kind of I don't know... Maybe 'harsh' is the word. I'm not sure." I didn't want to tell her what happened, so 'harsh' seemed like a good filler.

 "How old are you?" Ashley prodded.

"18. You?"

"Same." she giggled.

"No offence but... You know what, never mind." I shook my head, feeling like a complete idiot.

"No it's fine" she brushed my upper arm with the tips of her fingers.

"Okay well, Isn't David a bit, you know... old for you?" I asked sheepishly.

"The age difference isn't that big, plus he can be really nice." I could tell that she was lying about something, the smile on her face was only half way. I feel bad for her. I mean Trent's a bit hard on me sometimes but I don't think that he's as bad as his brother.

"You know that you don't have to lie to me right? I won't tell David or Trent anything, I promise." I tell her. She looks down, as if contemplating on wheatther or not she car trust me. She must of made up her mind, because she let a small tear slide out. I reach over and wrap both of my arms around the poor girl. I knew that something was going on. she sinks further into my chest and starts letting out light sobs.

"I'ts okay, you can tell me anything." I comfort, stroking her soft brown hair gently. Ooh, I wonder what kind of conditioner she-. WAIT back to subject Lani. You can ask her about her hair care products latter.

"He-He hits me. A-All the time. And last time he almost broke my arm. H-he said that it was because he needed to show me what would happen if I ever disobeyed him again." she cried.

"I'm so, sorry that David did that to you, but If you really want him to stop your going to have to leave." I explain.

"N-no not David, Nevin, It's always Nevin. When ever I come home and David isn't there, he always tries to do stuff, and he says 'If you tell David, who do you think he'll believe, the stupid whore, or his best friend.'"

"Has he ever gone all the way?" I ask, trying to get the whole story.

"No, I always fight so hard that, by the time David gets home he hasn't gotten very far." she answers.

"Has David ever hit you?" I question. I already know that the answer is going to be yes. He's just way too open to it.

"Only like twotimes." she looks down." but only because I did like really bad stuff." she clarifies.

"What did you do?" I ask, wondering what could be so bad.

"Well, once I smacked him,so he smacked me back, and another time it was because I broke his Rolex trying to clean it. He didn't hit me hard, he just shoved me a couple times." she looked down shrugging it off.

Suddenly the guest room doo swings open. Standing in the door way is a suprised looking David.

"Your crying Ashley. What did she do?!" he asked glaring at me.

"Nothing, she was just helping." she replied.

"Nalani, out. I want to speak to Ashley alone." 

I stand and slowly step out of the room. I'm gently closing the door when I feel a hard figure on my back. I make a sharp turn only to face Trent. My shoulder slightly thuds into hes chest.

"Oh sorry, I-" I was cut off by his lips slamming into mine. I was caught completely off guard and began pushing at his chest. He didn't even budge, instead he grabs the back of my head and forcefully crashes his lips back into mine. It only takes a moment for my body to take over and kiss him back. He roughly takes hold of the backs of my thighs and leads me down the hall.