Chapter 4

you know the drill... Note at the end!

Read on, and comment/vote after you're done :) you might as well...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4

The classroom was awkwardly silent as each table worked on their own potion. The Ravenclaw students closest to the Slytherins looked nervous when the Slytherins sent glares their ways. Lios, who was on the side farthest from the Slytherins, strangely, was recieving most of the glares.

"No, Farlene," Helena whispered, scared to disturd the tense quiet. "I think you're supposed to stir clockwise, not counter-clockwise... Look, here it says, 'Take the utmost care to not stir counter-clockwise.'"

"Oh!" Farlene cried. "I swear that 'not' wasn't there before..."

"I'm sure you'll be fine... I mean, you just started to stir," Helena assured Farlene.

Farlene, a bit frazzled, threw her hands up in frustration. But her right hand was still holding the wooden ladle she was using to stir, and, as a result, the potion remaining on the spoon flew into the air and onto the poor girl sitting behind Farlene. 

The potion fizzed as it burned the girl's cheek, and the girl cried out in pain and shock. Rowena saw and quickly rushed to the girl's side. 

"Oh my," Rowena said, examining the wound. "We had best find Helga. This is a potion gone very bad."

Farlene cried out as well and hid her head in her hands. "Did you stir counterclockwise, Farlene?" Rowena reprimanded. "And you should know the class safety rules."

A Slytherin snickered and Rowena's head snapped towards him as she guided the girl out. "Bartholemew Gestleiger, I do not tolerate hooliganism in my classroom. Not one bit!"

"It's Baron Bartolemew Gestleiger the Third, the Young Lion," the boy said. Helena turned around to see who would dare to stand up to her mother. Everyone else was either too scared to or too wise to. 

Bartholemew Gestleiger was the perfect embodiment of stuck up brats world wide. He held his head ridiculously high, as if he was trying to angle his head to look down on people who were taller than him. His slickly combed back hair only served to make him look greasy and he was a bit on the chubby side.

Helena looked at her mother, who looked furious. Rowena looked at Helena, a question in her eyes. She wouldn't, Helena thought. 

"Baron or not, young man," Helena fumed. "You will be punished. 50 points from Slytherin and detention tomorrow."

He leaned back in his chair and shrugged, sharing a look with his friends, who looked intimidated but were clearly trying to hide it.

Rowena shouted from the doorway, "When I get back, I expect to see you sitting in the desk next to Helena. Farlene," she added. "I would appreciate it if you sat in poor Kate's seat."

Farlene scrambled to get up. Bartholemew, however, snorted and leaned further back. "Whatever," he drawled. "Who's Helena, anyways?"

Helena glared at him. He had guts, for sure. She turned back around in her seat and got out the scroll she was writing her History essay on. If she was quick, she could probably get another inch or so done before Rowena came back.

A heavy thunk sounded next to her moments later as Bartholemew was deposited heavily into the chair next to her. She looked over calmly and noticed her mother had her wand out, and had levitated Bartholemew none too gently into his new seat.

"If you do not cooperate with me, Baron," she said icily. Helena couldn't help but cringe, and she wasn't the one who had to make eye contact with her. "I will have you kicked out of my class, and you will not be able to take Potions for the rest of your career as a student here. Am I understood?"

Bartholemew gulped and nodded. Rowena smiled and put her wand away, walking to her desk as if nothing had happened. "Alright class, I assume you haven't let your potions go to waste, yes?"

"God what a monster," Bartholemew snickered from beside Helena. "I heard her daughter goes here. I almost feel sorry for her, she's a loser and that... thing's child."

Helena glared at him. "Oh really?"

"Yeah," he drawled, smirking at Helena. He made no effort to hide the fact that his eyes were on her chest. "I also heard she's ugly as a bat, and dumb too. Too bad she didn't get anything from her mother, eh?"

"Well, dear Baron," Helena drawled with exaggerated snobbishness. "It's very... nice to meet you. I'm Helena Ravenclaw the First, Baronness of those who dislike Barons."

He at least had the grace to look a bit ashamed. "Well, looks like the rumors aren't true," he chuckled nervously, and hurriedly started putting his dried nettles into the cauldron in front of him.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

"God, he's an absolute nightmare!" Helena cried to Eleni, who had gotten over their "fight" earlier.

"Well, is he at least handsome?" Eleni asked, tittering.

"Well," Helena considered. "If he got rid of all that grease in his hair, and if he stopped lifting his chin so high. You'd think a sword was to his throat, the way he does it."

Helena mimicked his high chin comically, sending Eleni into fits of laughter.

"I'm glad I'm at least amusing to you," a cold voice said behind them. Helena turned around and smiled when she saw Bartholemew. 

"What? Are the little Baron's feelings hurt?" Helena teased, smiling along with Eleni. But her smile died when she saw the source of a death glare being sent her way.

Carmela was clinging to the Baron's arm, her head plastered to his shoulder.

"If you know best, loser," Carmela seethed. "You would get lost and make way for purebloods like us."

Helena frowned. Purebloods? She was one too, but it really wasn't a big deal. But beside her, Eleni went pale, and Helena frowned when Eleni's pale skin emphasized a bruise on her jaw that hadn't been there before. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me," Carmela said. "We're purebloods. Unlike the Mudblood next to you. Are you friends or what?"

"Yeah, we're best friends," Helena replied scathingly, and Eleni looked at Helena happily. "What's it to you?"

"I thought you were a Ravenclaw," Bartholemew teased. "Figure it out."

Helena frowned again. "I don't know what you mean."

"Hanging out with a Mudblood," Bartholemew spat the hateful word out with scorn. "Makes you a blood traitor!"

Carmela laughed. "Oh Barty Mew, don't expect blood traitors and Mudbloods to know what that means," she giggled and pulled "Barty Mew's" arm. "Come on, I know a chair in the library just right for cuddling!"

Bartholemew smirked at Helena one last time before he allowed Carmela to pull him away.

Helena turned to Eleni, who was beaming. "Why's there a bruise on your jaw?"

Eleni's smile vanished. "Uh, nothing, I was reading while I was walking and I tripped. It really hurt when my jaw hit the floor, but I'm ok," she said nervously. "I'm ok. It hurt when my jaw hit the floor but not anymore."

Helena frowned. Eleni got really repetetive, like she was now, when she was happy or hiding something. And she didn't look too happy.  

Pulling Eleni towards the Ravenclaw tower, Helena said firmly, "I don't believe you. Come on, we need to talk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bad ending place, I know... But I need to sleep, I have a history test tomorrow >.< Wish me luck!

Vote, comment, fan, and spread the love <3