☼ twenty eight ☼

calum; 3:54 PM
luke; 3:54 AM

calum;

"you're an idiot, y'know?"

calum looks up at michael, who is looking at him with disbelief and holding two bottles of smirnoff. the now purple-haired boy hands the peach flavor one to calum, before shaking his head and getting under the covers with him.

calum sighs and takes a sip from his bottle. "i know, but you really don't have to remind me."

calum frowns and takes a long swing from his bottle. he wants to get drunk and forget about luke, but knowing himself, he'd forget his own name before he forgets luke's.

"no, i feel like i do have to remind you. you're a fucking idiot. a big one."

calum rolls his eyes and shrugs, taking another swing of vodka. the alcohol is doing exactly the opposite that calum wants it to; instead of making him forget about luke, it just makes him remember him more. he remembers how it felt to have him by his side; how it felt to hear his laugh in the morning, how it felt to see him smile and glow and shine brighter than every star in the sky. how it felt to hold his hand, how it felt to kiss his cheek. but he mostly remembers how it felt to have him in his arms.

he wants to go back to those days – where everything was alright. he decided to get away from sydney because it was simply way too much. he doesn't like talking about his parents, so let's just say they aren't the best. he got away because he thought that way everything would be okay, but he didn't know leaving sydney meant leaving behind the only person he has loved with every fiber in his body.

home is not a place, is a feeling and he only ever felt it when he was with luke. and when you lose someone who's your home – your only home in the world – you think, 'oh fuck i should have had a back-up home. another person, another place, another thing, something, anything to make me feel safe.' but he doesn't have that. and now he's lost, and it's all his fault.

he lets out a sob and lets the tears fall freely from his cheeks, not even bothering to try and hold them back in. michael sighs and takes the bottle of vodka from his hands and places it on the beside table along with his. michael wraps his arms around him and calum cries on his chest.

"you're an idiot," michael says, calum cries harder. "you're awful and i should punch you, really. what the fuck were you thinking, calum?"

calum shakes his head, because he honestly wasn't thinking when he kissed alice. he was mad and pissed off and he was being selfish; he didn't care about anyone's feelings except for his.

"i didn't even give him his playlist," calum sobs, gripping michael's shirt tightly with his fists.

"talk to him, call him." michael rubs his hand up and down his back. calum's lucky to have a friend like michael.

"he doesn't want to talk," calum chokes out. "he blocked me. he hates me."

"it's really funny, you know. you're funny." michael laughs and calum feels him shaking his head. he frowns and looks up at michael, who is already looking down at him.

"it's been three days and you're here, crying, when you could be buying a ticket for the first flight to sydney." michael says while shaking his head. he grabs his bottle of vodka and takes a sip, before handing it to calum who does the same.

"he hates me," calum says, his voice breaking. his heart too. "and i love him."

"then go." michael says, voice stern and hard. "you're not gonna fix things if you stay here. you have to go."

"i can't, i'm– i'm afraid he'll tell me to leave."

"you're a fucking idiot, calum. i don't know how you manage to deal with yourself." michael huffs and pushes calum from on top of him. calum watches as he puts his shoes on and grabs a jacket from their shared closet.

"that boy loves you with literally everything in him and you're going to waste the opportunity to get him back just because you're afraid of rejection?" michael scoffs and rolls his eyes. "well fuck you, calum. you're about to lose the only person who truly loves you and when you do, i'm not going to help you pick up the pieces. you caused this mess."

☼ ☼ ☼

double update bc im so fucking close to 10k im

but guys lmao do u want cake to end up together or not bc

– sophie!!!!