Doctor Who (Short Story 4) : Atlantis The Lost City- Chapter 1

Chapter 1 Part 1: Look In A Book

The Doctor

The Doctor placed the atom circuit next to the breaker. It was a tricky job considering if he knocked the atom circuit next to anything it would explode or rather desplode…causing every atom in a hundred mile radius to come apart.

“There, that should hold it.” he thought. At least until he could replace it with a newer model…which he had been planning to do for about a hundred years or so.

Oh well. With that being done, the Doctor climbed from under the floor of the TARDIS Console room and looked around.

Where was his companion?

Hmmm, he walked toward the Console screen and searched through the cameras. He saw you sitting in the library reading a book.

He smiled and went to go find you.

-------------------------------------------------------

Your eyes skimmed the pages as you waited for the next event that would happen in the story.

“Now what are you reading?” The Doctor interrupted you just as the character was about to slip and fall in an ice pit.

You looked up at him with a smile, “A book I never got to finish. It was a class assignment when I was in school but I got taken out of school and put into UNIT before I could finish.” You made sure to show the Doctor your face so he wouldn’t assume you were angry or annoyed. After all it wasn’t his entire fault you got put in UNIT, it was mostly your choice.

The Doctor walked across the giant library and toward the red chair you sat in. He lifted the book from your hands and read the title, “The Adventures of Atlantis.”

“Yep.” You sat up and took your legs of the chair’s arms.

“Hmmm, that gives me an idea.”

“What?” You didn’t get a vocal answer. Instead he grabbed your hand and dragged you out of the library. He ran down the corridors and stairs until you reached the Console. He dropped you in the chair and started pushing buttons and twisting leavers.

Before you knew it you were being thrown around. “Doctor! Where are we going?!”

“You’ll see!” He screamed and you saw the crazy look in his eyes that you knew so well. Wherever you were going was going to be a sure adventure.

Finally the TARDIS stopped abruptly. You smiled and ran to the door before the Doctor could. It only took one small tug and the TARDIS doors flew open.

“Oh. My. God.” You said.

“Yeah…” The Doctor was suddenly behind you.

You couldn’t take your eyes off of the beautiful scene before you. “Doctor are we where I think we are?”

“Depends where do you think we are?”

You didn’t answer, you couldn’t. If you did the words wouldn’t come out right. But yet the word circled your brain over and over, you were looking at the lost city of Atlantis.

Chapter 1 Part 2: Mouths a Gape

 “So, where do you want to start?” The Doctor and you walked down the grassy hill you had parked the TARDIS on. The Doctor was taking an old brown piece of paper out of his pocket.

“Doctor what’s that?”

“A map.”

“You have a map of Atlantis?”