The Amusement Park - The Silhouette

A/N: Hey, guys!  So, I wrote these for an English assessment.  I had to write two descriptive paragraphs.  I like the second one more...  What do you think?  Please comment feedback/ constructive criticism =)

The Amusement Park

There she stood at the front gate, on a warm summer day.  She took a few slow steps forward on the solid concrete and handed the ticket-taker her lime-green ticket, allowing her access to the wonders beyond the gate.  She turned in a full circle and took in all her surroundings; the distinct aromas of cotton candy and popcorn, the clouds as puffy as the cotton candy and the sky the colour of blue-raspberry Kool-Aid.  Carnivals rides as tall as skyscrapers, and the shrieks of the frightened, but exhilarated children on the rides nearly overwhelmed her.  Suddenly, she was flooded with a rush of excitement, hitting her like a train.  It was very loud and lively inside the amusement park, and it was nearly too much for her to handle.  But she knew she could do it, and she was prepared to have the most utterly stupendous day of her life.

The Silhouette

The loud screams were terrifying.   He couldn't tell where they were coming from, and he couldn't tell whether they were male or female.  It was cold,  nearly as black as midnight, and the sky was starless.  The moon was hidden by dense silver clouds, but there was just enough light to see the ground at his feet.  He was standing on dead, tawny coloured grass, and he couldn't see anything else besides the squishy brown mud beneath.  The already ear-piercing screams we're becoming deafening.  A dark silhouette of a man danced across what seemed to be the open field in front of him.  He was confused, and wasn't positive of anything besides the fact that he was scared.  More scared than he's ever been.  Heavy, warm breath beat hard over his shoulder, into his ear.  A bright light appeared above him.  The clouds had moved, and the moon was coming out to play.  What he saw in front of him was immensely horrifying.