Speed-Bump.

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td align="middle" valign="center">

<table width="600" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="left" valign="center"><big><big>T</big></big>he night was just right for the perfect winter-time date. The stars were shining, reflecting on the layer of snow that blanketed the earth, causing the ice to sparkle and shimmer underneath the light of the moon.

Beth was inside her home, freaking out. She couldn't find any cute winter clothing to wear. She wanted things to be just perfect, and was having a fit making them that way. Her hair was still wet, and hung in loose curls around her shoulders and down her waist. She stood in her bra and panties staring blankly into her walk-in closet. Too bad her mother wasn't here for clothing advice. She was actually out with drinks with the rest of the residents at the hospital. She needed that night about, but she could have picked another one. Beth eyed the clock and sipped in a sharp breath of air. 6:42. he'd be here any moment, for they agreed to meet at 7pm sharp.

She hustled into her closet, flinging tops and bottoms from their hangers. Her closet looked like an avalanch had just passed when she found the perfect sweater and jeans to wear with her ugg boots. She rushed down stairs and tossed them into the dryer and moved the setting to 'wrinkle release'. When she came out from the Laundry Room, she noticed Mr. Inman sitting with his laptop, in only a pair of flannel pajama pants, biting his nails and figiting. She sighed, grabbed a towel from the laundry room, wrapped it around her almost-naked body and took a seat next to him. She had to know when and where she was going to parade around in her underwear, to possibly give him a warning.

She looked into his eyes as he stared intently into the laptop's screen.

"What's wrong?" she said in a soothing voice.

"This resume. Something's not right. I have to present it to my student-teaching advisor tomorrow, and he's not going to be too happy. "It looks like a sixteen-year-old did this."

"I take offense to that," she smirked, turning the laptop to face her. She eyed it for a moment and looked at him, then began typing. "You just have to add your contact information, and maybe divide it with a bar..." she clicked enter and smiled.

"There you go." she met his eyes, which were filled with passion.

He slowly rose from his chair and stood right next to her. His abs were right in Beth's line of vision, she couldn't help but run her hands over them. She looked into his eyes with the same loving look he returned to her, and smiled. She then shot up fast as he leaned in, and they met with the most passionate, most satisfying kiss ever.

He lifted her up and sat her on the table her lips crashed hard into his as she ran her fingers through his hair and around his neck, and he did pretty much the same. He lifted her up as if to carry her up the staircase, only to trip. She landed on her back on the fifth stair and he leaned in close over her, her towel now on the floor several feet away. The warmth of her body on his sent sparks through her veins. She pulled back and smiled.

"I missed this." she grinned.

"Me too," his eyes were filled with sorrow. She could sense how much he regreted not being with her.

Just as they were about to lean in again, the doorbell rang. Beth jumped, causing Eric to do the same. They scrabled to rise to their feet, and Beth quickly grabbed her towel. She stumbled over to the little peep hole.and looked out.

"It's Troy," her eyes widened as a sly grin spread across Eric's face. "No! Eric, go upstairs. Hurry! I have to answer it!"

Eric slowly strolled up the stairwell as Beth opened the door, planting a fake smile on her face.

"Troy! Hi!" she greeted.

He eyed her hair and towel. "Uh, am I early?" he questioned.

"N-No! Gosh, I just was having issues with what to wear. Come in, take a seat. I'll be ready in a jiffy." she regreted the word 'jiffy.'

He did as she suggested and took a seat on the couch, flipping the television to Jersey Shore. Beth scurried to the laundry room, retrieving her clothes, and ran up the stairs, only to meet Mr. Inman's condisending eyes at the top.

She pushed him into her room, weary of Troy and slammed the door.

"What are you doing!" she whisper-yelled. "He could have seen you!"

Eric leaned in close to Beth, grabbing her hips with his muscular palms. He cocked his head to the side as if to say 'so?' and widened his smile.

Beth pulled away and dropped her towel. She pulled the sweater over her red lacy bra, and the same with the bluejeans over her black matching underwear.

He frowned. "You're still going?"

"Yes. What do you want me to say? 'Sorry you came all the way out here, but I don't want to go anymore'" she mocked, blowdrying her hair.

"Fine. But if you go. I go." he grinned.

Her face grew cold. "What?" she questioned. He grinned, and made his way towards the door.

"Eric, what is that supposed to mean!" she whispered. "You ass! He'll see you!"

He put a single finger to her lips and shushed her. "I can get passed him. I'll go get ready. See you there."

He was crazy. He was going to sneak by Troy to his house, get ready, and stalk them to their dating site, only to inturrupt it and be a jerk about it? She laughed. She loved the idea of it. And him.</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td height="100%"> </td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>