Racing To Live

Tyler ran after me picking me up, the next thing I knew we were running for our lives.  I was still in shock, his fur was so soft and he was extremely warm. It happened to come in handy because when he ran all I could feel was the sting of the cold air against my body, I was like an ice cube. I closed my eyes tightly and just prayed that this would all be over soon.

“Are you scarred yet?” He asked laughing.

I buried my face in his chest and shook my head back and forth. “Of you no, of this yes”

 “Sorry, and I promise when this is all done we will go back”

We weren’t even to the car and I could hear Gerardo’s sinister laugh. He was keeping up just fine with us. Tyler stopped and changed course, he threw me on his back so he could run faster. I held on as tightly as I could and all I kept thinking was we can’t out run him. Tyler stopped, and put me down. I had become fragile to him and he was too afraid to really even touch me. He lifted his finger to his mouth and held the other to mine. I knew he was telling me I should be quiet, but it was hard to.

“I know where you are, you can’t run you can’t hide. I have already found you and our game has just begun” Gerardo said cackling loudly.

Tyler lifted me up in one swift movement and started to run again, by this time it was completely dark out the only light we had was when the stars poked through the canopy. I could barely breathe, every time I took in a deep breath I could feel a stinging sensation in my throat. Gerardo started to close in I could hear his breathing and when I looked up he was right besides me. He grinned at me his teeth sharp, and bright luminous white. He hadn’t transformed yet, he was still human. He had short brown hair and he was tall, but he was more buff than any of the other guys I had seen. He was dark tan and his face was beautiful, he was like the perfect monster.

He let out a loud laugh filling the forest with a loud boom; he grabbed my shirt pulling me off Tyler. “You thought you could out run me, well you can’t” He said tracing my face with his cold fingers.

“You may be fast physically but you seem to forget to think” Tyler said dropping down on him”

He picked me up off the ground, I couldn’t breathe I was freezing cold. He held me in his arms and ran as fast as he could, we had more of an advantage seeming as Gerardo began to transform into his beast form. I couldn’t tell what direction we were headed I just knew that we were going farther away from our killer, but deeper into the forest. Tyler laid me down on the ground and felt around making sure I hadn’t been seriously hurt. I was in pain; I could feel every little thing he was doing.

He chuckled to himself. “See I told you we are dangerous, you’re so fragile”

“I’m just as tough as you are” I said coughing.

  “You seem fine, you will probably be a little bruised though” He said picking me up in his arms continuing to walk.

“A little, it feels like my whole body broke” I said laughing the best I could.

   “It will be okay, I promise you after a week you will be back to your old self”

He looked into my eyes and kissed me, it was weird. I had never kissed a beast before but then again, I had never met one before either. I remember falling asleep in his arms and drifting off into a dream. Gerardo had caught me, he was kissing all over me and Tyler stood there watching him. I couldn’t see at first why Tyler hadn’t moved but there stood Kevin and Kelsey holding him back. Gerardo carefully took his long finger nail and cut through my shirt. I started freaking out I kicked him as hard as I could; I started screaming and got up. Then out of no where I felt a surge of pain through my right arm, Damien had come up from behind me and cut down my arm. The warm blood that once coursed through my veins spilled out down my arm. Tyler growled and pushed Kelsey and the others off of him.