chapter 16

Sophie's POV

*Warning : Abuse and violence happens in this chapter *

I watched as he drove off on his bike. I gave one last Peck on the lips before he left. I smiled to my self and started walking up my driveway. He dropped me off on the sidewalk in front of my house.

I walked in and yelled, "Aunt Abby, uncle Freddy, anybody home?"

I didn't hear a response. I searched the house and no one was here. I walked into the kitchen to get something to eat. I then saw a white peice of notebook paper on the counter.

Sophia,

Me and Henry went out to the grocery store. We'll be back around about 6:00 and Freddy doesn't get off until 8:00 tonight.

Aunt Abby

I looked at the time. It was currently 3:35 so I had 2 and half hours to myself. I walked up to my room putting my bag down and I began wondering if I should text Hunter. I still had his number from when we did the project. I decided to wait for him to text me. I wanted to see him this weekend but it looks like I won't see him until Monday.

I grabbed my jacket. It was a chilly Autumn outside. I walked down the street and headed to the diner. I always go to the diner. The diner is where I go to eat lunch on my school lunch break.

I walked into the diner smelling the familiar scent of coffee beans and pie. I sat down at the booth I usually sit at and my waiter came over.

"Hey Sophia, what can I get for you today?" She asked with a smile.

Her name was Heather and she is always my waiter. I was familiar with everyone who worked here now.

"The same as lunch would be nice." She smiled and handed me what I always got as a drink. Iced tea. I don't know what it is about tea but I was in love with any kind of tea.

I ate just like I always did. Leaved a tip for Heather and headed out.

She smiled and waved and I waved good bye as well. I looked down at my phone once I realized it was dark outside. Not pitch black but it was getting there. By the time I got home it would be dark. The sun went down around five now.

It was 5:15 and I wasn't exactly happy I had to walk in the dark. I walked until I turned onto my street. I was at the end of my street when I heard the steps behind me. I turned around and saw a man and a women walking up to me.

I didn't who they were or who they looked like but I could tell they were drunk and pretty messed up.

I started walking faster to my house. Then I heard the man say "Where are you going sweetie. Your mother and father want to see you."

I stopped dead in my tracks. No!

I turned around and I now knew who these people were. These were the people I thought I loved and were supposed to be my parents but all they ever were, were abusive alcoholics and drug addicts. They made my life horrible but according to them I was the one that made their lives horrible.

They smirked at me. They weren't aloud to be near me. The court told them that they wernt aloud near me once they each took a year in jail. They got out obviously and they were now here looking at me.

"What do you want?" I asked and I felt confident because they were a little shocked how I said this to them. I usually spoke in a quiet voice. I had soar throats all the time from screaming when I lived with them.

"Is that any way to talk to your parents?" My mom said a little slurred.

I laughed and said, "Your not my parents. Go find someone else to mess with cause I not apart of it anymore."

Then my mother slapped me across my face. I wasn't going to take this anymore. I slapped her back twice as hard and then pushed her on to the ground. She groaned in pain and then my father punched me in my stomach and I bent down in pain.

He laughed and tried to walk closer to me but was stumbling and I took my chance to kick him right in his groan and he went down. I kicked him in the side five hard times. He was now laying there. It looked like he was knocked out. Then I felt my mom push me from behind.

I almost fell but I caught my balance and punched her in the face as hard as I ever could. She was out cold and I looked down at my joke of parents and then I felt my dad grab my ankle and as I fell down I kicked his face and he was out again.

Then, I felt the impact of the sidewalk. My head was stinging now. I didn't realize I was falling down before. I raised my hand to my head groaning in pain. It was wet and I noticed it was blood. I layed there for five more minutes. The last thing I saw was my niebor come down and scream before calling 911. All I heard was the sirens in the background and my niebor kneel down and yell my name.

Then I slowly shut my eyes and everything went black.

I hope you like this chapter I didn't really like writing that scene but it was worth it for you to know what had happened.

Song title - make it rain by Ed sheeren