Chapter Five-Dumbledores' Army

Draco and Pansy walked the halls that night, as part of being a prefect they were able to stay out for a more protracted period of time. He just needed some time alone with her to talk about Harry.

"Pansy, I joined their stupid club!" Draco whined.

"This is good. this will give you some time to get closer to him and make him notice you. And stop whining, you sound like a first year," she said.

"Yes, but how do I make him notice me, he never notices me. Dumb git is so clueless."

"Flirt with him," Pansy said plainly.

"Flirt with him?" Draco shrieked. "Pansy, I don't want him to know."

"My God, you're worse than a girl, Draco. Calm down and do it subtly so that he doesn't know, so he's left just to assume stuff. He won't know what's going on, trust me. And if he doesn't share your feelings, he'll push it aside and won't ever think about it. If he does feel the same it'll get his attention. Maybe even enough to get him to talk to you about it, or admit his feelings for you."

Draco thought about this. he had never flirted with another person before. He thought of it to be useless until now, and even now he had his doubts about it working on potter.

"And how would one, Flirt?" He asked.

She gave a hard laugh and directed him back to the Slytherin common room to give him some lessons.

--------

Although he had spent all night pretending Pansy was Potter, he still felt mighty dumb when he gave out compliments, like some kind of sell-out. Plus the fact that Pansy looked nothing like Potter. She acted nothing like he imagined potter would, either. Twirling her hair in her fingers, blushing, and giggling. like Potter would ever do that.

When the others woke he went down to breakfast in the robes he had worn the previous day, he hadn't needed to change into his pajamas, because he hadn't slept. Despite that, he didn't feel tired at all. He had however spent a reasonable amount of time on his hair which had fallen out of place throughout the night.

"Must you use so much gel?" Pansy asked as she watched him slick his hair back, making sure nothing was out of place.

"It has to be perfect Pansy, anything out of place would be criminal, is there something wrong with it?" He asked disdainfully.

"Its just so unnatural, you know I think Potter would like it better if you kept it natural."

"Oh really? You think Potter would like it better? Or is it just what you would like better?"

She scowled and turned away from him. Moments later Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise, and Pansy made their way down to the great hall. Draco played with his hands nervously as he walked down the hall. Pansy, noticing this, clasped his hand in hers. "There no need to be nervous, you see him every day," she whispered to him

"I am not nervous," he whispered back, walking the rest of the way with his head held high, walking somewhat in a strut. Hand in hand Draco and Pansy entered the great hall, the others close behind. Draco's eyes wandered over to the Gryffindor table but Harry wasn't there. He was over at the Ravenclaw table talking with Cho Chang and her prissy friend. A Galleon in his hand, Hermione pointed at it, as if explaining something.

He held Pansy's hand tighter and strutted over to his table. He watched Potter and Granger point at the coin and cast apprehensive glances over at Umbridge every once and awhile. Could they be more obvious?

Blaise tapped on his shoulder and he turned to face him. "Snogging it up with pansy last night, huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"what?"Draco asked a little taken back.