• 8 •

"Why are you so late?" Niall asked me, while I was accommodating myself in the uncomfortable school chair. He basically was whispering, but he seemed very anxious about the situation. His eyes were wide open and were staring at me, and I could almost see how detailed they were without even trying to.

"My mum tried to do her makeup, but failed and when I tried to make her hurry up, we found Harry Styles also late and so we decided to pick him up as well." I said, taking my heavy binder out of my backpack so I could start working.

When I saw him again, he was absolutely stunned and perplexed as if I had said I had an encounter with a supernatural being. The blonde boy looked down and sighed, running one of his hands through the blonde mess of his hair.

"Harry Styles? I never thought you would get to be friends with him. I mean, you two are pretty artistic and stuff, but that fast? Nope, never expected it." He muttered, raising his eyebrows in surprise.

"Neither did I, yet I have Arts and Science with him, and I'm next to him in both of them. But honestly, I wouldn't categorize us as friends." I stated, looking at the board and getting a pencil.

"Harry Styles?" He questioned, taking a deep breath and closing his eyes for a period of time that, for me, was quite long. His cheeks suddenly turned red, and he opened his eyes once again, revealing his marvelous orbs; they were like a river after a storm. "Woah, mate. That was a nice catch."

"Nice catch?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, the blonde boy later patted my shoulder carefully.

"Well," he did a slight gesture with his head, moving it quickly to one side to keep his hair away from his face, "Harry is nice and all, but his only true friends are from his squad. You know what I mean? He's friends with Ed and all of them, but you were able to... Practically be friends with him?"

"I'm not sure we're friends, Niall. We just talk and I helped him get to school not that late. I'm not a moron. I can make friends and I can be his friend." I kindly said, raising a finger as a sign that meant that I hadn't finished speaking when I saw that he was about to open his mouth. In fact, I truly was a moron sometimes and I was not very good at starting conversations and making friends, but of course I wasn't going to allow that coming from him. "And he's not a God. Anyone can be his friend, even you!"

"Me? I don't think so. He's too... Not my type. He's more like you."

"More like me?" I scoffed, and told him that what he said wasn't true at all, or at least I wasn't able to prove it because it was too early. Our supposed friendship only had a day, just like Niall and I's. Things like that made me anxious, and made me realize that reality is like a very sharp dagger that threatens you to stab you if you're not mature enough to confront it.

"Yes, Louis. Believe me, he's different." He explained, furrowing his brow.

"Is he?" I sarcastically responded, rolling my eyes. "Is he different because he's popular?"

"I don't know, Louis. I don't know. He has a different vibe, or something. The last time I felt something similar to what he makes me feel, was yesterday, when I saw you for the first time."

I sighed, turning my head to face him once again. Did we really have the same vibe? I was pretty sure Harry thought I was some sort of nerd or something like that, even though I wasn't not. I actually didn't  even try in class, it was not my fault to have straight a's the whole time. He was nice with everyone, so I tried not to pay attention to how he behaved towards me. Besides, he was kind of a jerk. I wasn't quite sure why but I was eager to discover some reasons that I could use in order to prove my point. Again, the same vibe?