Like We Use To [A Nemi One Shot]

It's been a while since they've last seen each other. When they ended, she thought that they were on good terms and they would stay in contact with one another, but no. He never called, or replied to her texts or even sent an email - nothing.

She would see him on television from time to time and on the cover of magazines. There were always bad rumors or articles written about him. He was a total bad boy. In Hollywood, he's known as a sex symbol. At first she couldn't believe all those terrible things about him, but after all the times of him ignoring her, she knew that he wasn't the Nick she had once knew and loved.

-

"Demi, you better come to Nick's welcome home party."

"Joe I'm not ready to see him. Besides I bet that he doesn't even want to see me." She told him. Demi wasn't prepared to see him again that he had finally decided to come back home.

"Come on Dems, don't say that. He's just been really busy lately that he hasn't been able to keep in contact with you."

"You and I both know that's complete bullshit. If Nick really still wanted me in his life he wouldn't have ignored me for the past three years."

"Just please come. I know you'll regret it if you don't come."

"I don't think I will." With that Demi hung up the phone.

She didn't want to see him. After all this time, she's gotten over Nick and their friendship. He hurt her, but despite that she still wished him the best and hope that he would find love again.

-

January 20, 2010 was the best and worst day for Nick Jonas.

He had ran all the way to her house, ecstatic to tell his girlfriend the amazing news.

"Nick, you've called me seventeen times non-stop." She said concerned. "What's going on?"

"Demi they signed me! I have a record deal!"

She immediately stood up to hug him. "Nick that's amazing! I'm so proud of you."

Nick held her tight, but his smile started to fade. "There's more news." He told her.

She pulled away to look him in the eyes and saw that he didn't look too happy. "What is it?"

He sighed. "I'm moving to California."

"What?"

"Demi the best place for me to be is in Los Angeles, that's were the best writers and producers are." He said trying to explain to her his reasons for leaving.

Demi just stood quite she didn't know how to respond. She was happy for him of course, but she know she would miss him too much.

"Demi, don't worry we'll make this relationship work. There's skype, we could call -"

"No." Demi said interrupting him. She turned her face to completely look at him. "Nick I'm so proud of you, but we both know long distance relationships don't work. I'm not saying we're not going to still talk our anything, but lets look at it as a break."

He was in complete shock hearing those words come from her mouth. When he got this record deal, he never once thought that this would end his relationship. He didn't want to break up with her. "No, Demi I still want to be with you."

"Nick don't make this hard for me to do, but I think it's better so you can focus on your music career, this will make things easier for us." She said hopeful

He was heartbroken and more so angry. Was it that easy to just end their relationship? How could Demi be saying all this? "Fine."

She nodded her head. "It's for the best."