Diamond

• Dedicated to Victoria N K Mires

Chapter 1

*Diamond*

Monday mornings at the orphanage are always busy. Pathetic families come in looking for adorable little angels to take in as their children. So to keep myself off the adopted list i lock myself up in my room. 

I stood by the window and stared at the sunrise. It had been long since i actually atared at one. Wait what was wrong with me, staring at sunrises? I instead decided to continue with my drawing that i had started days ago. As i took a step back a black ferrari pulled up in the parking lot. i hadn't seen one in a really long time. A tall guy with dark brown hair walked out and like he knew i was staring looked up at caught my stare. I quickly closed the curtain and took a step back. 

"Are you okay?" I jumped at the sound of Anthea's voice

"What? No. It's nothing." I turned to look at her with a fake smile. 

"You know you can't fool me. yoou look like you just saw a ghost." She curiously looked at me looking for an answer but i didn't say anything. "Anyway guess what? Gabe has been adopted."

"Really? Wow i thought  he'd never be adopted i mean do they know what sort boy he is?" Gabe is seven years old and the most devious little boy. He cannot spend 24 hours without getting into trouble. Though on the other hand he is adorable and we did have fun together disturbing the peace of the orphanage. I was going to miss him.

"Well what about you? When are you going to give up the Im-Not-Going-To-Get-Adopted act?" Anthea asked me.

"Never. Not until they release me."

"You're not in prison, you know."

"But I can't leave either way!" I cried.

"Diamond.....you will one day.......with a family."

"But...." The door burst open.

*Kyle*

I had no intention of knocking so I pushed the door open. As soon as I saw her I knew she was the one, Diamond Coax. Her long wavy dark hair that made her look more beautiful than the picture I had. I stared into her brown eyes as she held my gaze.