Introduction

Introduction.

First, I'll start off by saying, in my opinion, what makes good writing.

1. The story is engaging. It has a theme that it is relatable without being cliche and overdone. The plotline doesn't drag on and on.

2. This one is a given: Good spelling, punctuation, and syntax. If your spelling and grammar is atrocious I will simply not read it for that reason, because it distracts too much from the story.

3. The story has structure - a beginning, middle, and end. Don't just rush through it. It's okay to have a few boring chapters. If a person gets bored of a story just because there's not action in every chapter, they obviously can't respect the work that goes into having a properly structured story. Who wants someone like that reading their work anyway?

4. It's original and unique. Write something that is familiar to people but has its own unique flair to it. Take that from your own experiences and opinions. You want it to be realistic also. Put yourself in your characters' position. Think about what you would do if it were you. And if your character isn't similar to you in personality, imagine what you would do if they were.

What do you think makes good writing?