04 - Phone Call

"I'm thirsty, any of you lot want a drink?" Ashton asked the four of us. We all said yes and Ashton walked out of the room.

"I'll help him." I said with a small smile as I got up from the couch and walked in to the kitchen where Ashton was getting some glasses out of the cupboard. "Need any help?" I asked him as I placed my hands on the cool bench and leant against it slightly. Ashton turned and smiled at me.

"Yeah, I can't carry all these in there. Sorry." He told me.

"It's fine" I smiled at him. He got the Coke out of the fridge and started pouring out a bit in each glass.

"So, have you got a boyfriend?" He asked as he poured the beverages. I just looked at him blankly as I was a bit taken aback by the question. Ashton looked up at me as he put the lid back on the drink. "Or a girlfriend?" He asked stuttered out as he put the drink back in the fridge. I chuckled at his question before shaking my head slightly.

"I have a boyfriend named Dylan back in Melbourne, why?"

"Luke wanted to know" He smirked and picked up three glasses of drink and walked out. I picked up the remaining two and walked back to the lounge room. Luke was the only one left without a drink so I gave him one. The three other boys took up all the seats, so the last seat left was the one next to Luke, on the love seat. I sat down next to Luke and I noticed all the boys smirking.

"What do you lot keep smirking about?" I asked them. They all started laughing. Before they could answer, my phone started ringing. It was Dylan. I told the boys to shutup and answered my phone.

"Hey baby" Dylan's deep voice said through the phone.

"I miss you" The boys were watching TV, but I knew they were listening because Luke tensed beside me.

"What are you doing?" He asked me. It sounded like he didn't want to be talking to me at all, it was like he was forcing himself to talk to me.

"Just hanging out with some new friends, how about you?"

"Oh, um.. nothing" He was hiding something. "Well I've got to go, talk to you later"

"Do you wanna talk on skype tonight?" I asked him.

"Can't. Sorry, love you so much" He said.

"Okay, love you more" The call ended and I frowned as I looked at my phone. I looked up and all the boys were looking at me except Luke. I felt my cheeks go red. I put my phone in my pocket and watched TV along with the boys.

"I'm going for a walk" Luke said and left quickly.

"Is he okay?" I asked the boys.

"You should go talk to him" Michael said. "I'm sure he would love that"

"Okay, where do you think he went?"

"Down to the park. Just follow the road and you will find it. When you get there he will probably be on the swings" Calum told me and the others nodded.

"Can I get your number just in case I get lost?" I asked. Calum gave me his number and I left. I walked down the street to the park and there he was sitting on the swing, just like Calum said he would. I ran over to the swing next to him and sat down.

"Hey" I said quietly, while looking at him. He looked up at me, he had tears in his eyes. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

"No, I've never been okay" He said looking at his hands.

"Well you can tell me, I will listen" I smiled.

"Can I tell you some other time?" He asked me.

"Yeah of course" I said quietly as I looked to my feet as I kicked the dirt slightly. I looked over to Luke and frowned slightly. He was all hunched over and the expression on his face was heartbreaking. Luke seems a bit odd today, last night he was okay but today he just seems really out of it and in his own world. "Luke, are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" I asked him and he nodded. "Well, if you want to talk about it then you can come and talk to me. I will listen" I smiled brightly at him and he smiled briefly at me.

"Thank you Olivia" He said quietly.

"It's all good. Now, let's go for a walk" I got off the swing and held my hand out for him to take. He looked at my hand for a second before taking it in his own. He stood up and I hugged him, my head rested on his chest. It was like a hug I had never experienced before. It was so warm and I felt safer than I ever have in his arms. I pulled away from the hug and entwined our fingers. "You okay now?" I asked looking at his amazing blue eyes.

"Yeah" He smiled at me. We started walking back to Calum's place but we walked slowly so we could talk more. We talked about anything and everything. We found out that we both like the same kind of music and I found out that he can play guitar. I really had fun on that 10 minute walk, but sadly we got to Calum's house quicker than we wanted.

"Before we go in I need to ask you something" Luke said stopping at the front door. "Was that your boyfriend on the phone?"

"Yeah it was Luke" I smiled sadly at him.

"Okay" Then he walked in side. I walked in after him. Before he walked in to the lounge I stopped him and asked where the bathroom was. He pointed it out for me and walked into the lounge room. I went to the bathroom and did my business. As I was walking back to the lounge room I heard my name pop up in the conversation.

"Well this Olivia chick sounds like a slut to me" I heard a girls voice said from the lounge room. I stopped and listened to what else they were saying. "I mean she has a boyfriend and shes already playing around with your feelings, this chick must be a right grade a bitch!" I heard laughing and I knew it wasn't just the girl laughing. I felt so many emotions in that moment. I felt sad, betrayed and hurt.

I had to go home. I couldn't be around people who make fun of me behind my back.

I walked out in to the lounge room and everyone went quiet. They all had panicked looks on their faces. I was still shocked and my voice shook slightly as I spoke because I was so overwhelmed with emotions.

"I-I'm going home" I stuttered but coughed slightly in attempt to regain my self. "Sorry, I don't feel well" As soon as I finished talking I hurried out of the house and ran home. I heard someone yell out to me as I was leaving but I kept on walking, I didn't have time for their negativity. When I got to my house but I slammed my front door shut and walked up stairs. I slumped down on to my bed and took a deep breath. How could they be so mean? I mean, they hardly know me and they are already judging me and being mean behind my back. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths before I kicked off my shoes. I laid down on my bed and soon fell asleep with the sound of their laughing ringing through my mind like a broken record.

© xKelsey5SOSx