Prologue

Hey guys !!!!!!!!!!! New story !!!!!!! This is a prologue :b I usually hate them, but I felt it needed this :D Ok so. A few things. Esmerie I pronounced Es-ma-ree, Olivere is pronounced Olive-air, and this is a FRENCH ENGLISH STORY. So it’s in France so everyone has the French accent, and the majority will be in English… Yaa :D  I’m really excited bout this Sooooo Tell me what you think !!!!!! Vote, comment, fan ! I love you all !!!!! BTW! I’m not done with What a Girl Wants, I’m just having severe writers block. Yes, yes I know that early into the story, what a fail, but aha that’s just how it works :b

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Bonjour,  Esmerie.” Said a deep, velvety voice. It sent tingles down my spine. Olivere. I turned around slowly, and looked up at him with my big, blue eyes, taking in his dangerously handsome face, a whole foot higher than my own. My breathing began to speed up.

“Bonjour, Olivere.” I replied politely. I can’t let him know how much effect he has on me, especially now.

I cursed myself for my stupidity. I just had to take a walk in our back garden with no chaperones. Mama and Papa would disapprove, but I just couldn’t handle having everyone fuss over me and longer. Pas, I needed to get out on my own, for the sake of my sanity.

“Out a bit late, are we not mon cher?” he asked me with a hint of a playful smile. “There could be bandits about. I shall accompany you to see that you fall to no harm” it was now a full blown smirk

“I can handle myself quite well, merci.” I told him stifly

“Au contraire, I do not think you can.”

“Monsieur Desmarais, I do not need your accompaniment.” I tried dismissing him, slowing my breathing down to normal.

“I will escort you.”

“Fines! I give up! You are so difficult.” I told Olivere, shooting a glare at him. I should be scared of him, but I’m not. If anything, I feel safer with him than around anyone else.

“Oui.” he replied absentmindedly while beginning to walk and stare at the scenery.

We just walked like that, for god knows how long. It took all my will power to refrain from staring at Olivere the entire time, but I managed. However, I forgot to control my breathing, and after a while, he noticed.

“Are you feeling alright, mademoiselle Esmerie?”  asked Olivere, sounding worried and giving me the once over. I was suddenly very conscious of what I was wearing. A bright red silk robe and a light gray camisole underneath, with nothing on my feet. Merde… I shivered. It was, in fact, a cold night. Plus, it was completely improper for a young Lady of my stature to be around a male in this amount of clothing. I was practically naked!

The moon was full and looked as though I could touch it if only I were to reach out to grab it… My thought were interrupted by a warm coat covering my shoulders. I looked up in shock to see that Olivere was now just in a white dress shirt, black rousers, and black shoes.

“No, no. I cannot take this. You will be cold.” I tried to hand it back. I was touched by his kindness, but he needed it.

“Esmerie, take it. I am warm.”

“Merci beaucuop.” I whispered smiling up at him. He started humming a tune I had never heard before. Nevertheless, it was beautiful. I snuggled into the coat and smiled. It smelled nice. Like peppermint.

“O-Olivere, I must go home now. My parents will be wondering where I am.” I told him reluctantly, stumbling over his name.

“But, mon cher, we are already in front of your castle.” He told me with a devilish glint in his eyes. I looked around in shock. We were back where I had started in the first place. We had walked around the whole royal garden and I hadn’t noticed..

“O-oh. Bonsoir, monsieur. Good evening,” I made a move to take off his jacket, but he stopped me yet again.

“Keep it, mademoiselle. It looks better on you.”

“I couldn’t! It is your coat.” I was surprised. But, then again I wasn’t exactly adverse to the idea

“I have many more in my closet at home. I’ll be fine with out one.”

“But you’ll be cold…” It was my last attempt. He gave me a look and I sighed in defeat.

“Bonne nuit, good night Esmerie.” he said with a smile

“Bonne nuit.” I whispered back.

He started walking away so I turned around and started walking back to the palace with a large smile planted on my face. Just before I made it to the door I heard my name coming from behind me and I whirled around. With a gasp of surprise I realized it was Olivere again.

“Oui, yes?” I asked him

“I forgot something” he murmured, and before I could register what was happening, he leaned in and kissed me softly, and sweetly. Then he pulled away grinning, and began to walk away again, leaving me standing there, speechless.

The only thing that was on my mind as I walked back into the castle in a dreamlike state was am I falling in love with Death himself?