Chapter 24

"Guys! Where'd you all go?" Dre called out to the surrounding darkness. It was strange; as soon as the door slammed, everyone seemed to disappear. Even Michael, who was holding him on his shoulder vanished. I guess they all went look around the house.

A door had appeared under a spotlight, seemingly standing in thin air. What sounded like a disoriented lullaby began playing from behind the door, with red beams of light cutting through the cracks.

"Nope." Dre ignited a hand, hoping to see more. Everywhere he looked, darkness surrounded him. Holding the fira in front of him, he sprinted away from the door. There had to be some break in the darkness. Right?

Wrong. The darkness seemed to stretch out for miles, contrast to the small house that he was in. He gave an angry growl before turning back towards the direction of the door. A cry was forced out of his throat as the door was standing inches away from him. He didn't have much of a choice; either go through the door and face whatever was on the other side, or stay here for the rest of his life.

Personally, he'd rather go with the latter.

"Ke'Undre, help!" a voice cried out from behind the other side of the door, and not just any voice. This was Kimmy.

Dre didn't even remember grabbing the doorknob. The door flung opened to an abandoned hospital. He stepped down from the dark world and looked around. Surgical equipment was scattered onto the blood soaked floor, along with unmade beds and roll-able tables. All of the doors were flung opened. A sentence was painted on the walls in blood: God has abandoned us.

He suddenly realized just how stupid this idea was. "I think I'd better go." He turned back towards the entrance to the dark world, only to find that it had disappeared. He was trapped here.

On the other end of the hallway was a tall, slim figure cautiously walking towards the end of the hall, peeking into the opened doors. Two blonde cat ears were drooping from a blue baseball cap. "Kimmy!"

The ears perked up as Kimmy turned towards him. Dre was relieved to see that she looked normal after halfway expecting that she would look like a monstrous version of herself. She rushed towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into a frightened embrace. "I'm scared, Ke'Undre."

Before he was able to reply, he heard a clatter behind them. He quickly turned towards the noise, positioning Kimmy behind him. "Did you check all of the rooms?"

"Yes, but they were all empty." That was the last thing that he wanted to hear.

"Stay behind me," he said before igniting both of his hands. Just as he did, he heard bare feet walking on the concrete floor. Gulping, he walked forward with Kimmy tightly gripping the bottom of his shirt. He crept closer, taking in short breaths as the pitter-patter of feet grew louder. A hand gripped the doorframe of one of the rooms; Dre stopped in his tracks, holding his hand in front of him. Don't be scared, Dre. If anything comes out, it's going to get a full taste of fira, he tried to assure himself, though his knocking knees said otherwise.

Slowly, the thing behind the hand began to pull itself forward. A pale, faceless head inched out of the room and turned towards them, stabbing Dre with a blade of fear.

"Run!" he called out before they both turned towards the opposite direction. They were stopped in their tracks by a legion of the faceless monsters. Each of them was dressed in a radiant white gown with white hair that seemed to reach the ground. Dre cursed as they began rushing towards Kimmy and him.

His hands flaring, he let out a terrified cry as he dashed towards them.

Dre's eyes shot open. He found himself laying on the ground, with his group members laying around him as well. Each of them jerked themselves in a sitting position, looking around in the same frightened manner. A bag filled with candy sat beside each of them. "I'm never even stepping foot in a stranger's house ever again."

"Michael?" Keiko's panicked voice called. She gently tugged at an unresponsive Michael, who was lying in a fetal position, constantly repeating "He's supposed to be dead," in a frightened voice that Dre thought he'd never hear.

The rest of the group rushed towards him as Keiko began shaking him more feverishly, anxiety rising in his voice. Loyalty and Sakura rushed past the group. Sakura knelt beside Michael held a hand over his head. A yellow aura began wrapping around both her hand and his head. She gasped. "He's going into shock. Give me some room," she commanded. At once Dre's team backed away. Keiko looked on tearfully as Sakura said, "I need to take him to the infirmary. Tell Joel that the haunted house is closed." She told Loyalty, who ran out of the house.

"Is Michael going to be okay?" Keiko asked as tears streamed from her eyes. Sakura nodded before she and Michael disappeared. Keiko sprinted out of the house.

"Where are you going?" Kim asked.

"I'm not going to leave Michael alone," Keiko answered in a stern voice.

"Let's go, Kimmy," Dre said as he picked up his, Keiko's, and Michael's bags of candy. "We're already late enough."

"But what about Michael?" Kim asked as she and Megumi picked up their bags.

"There's not anything we can do now. We'll go and visit him during our lunch."