Landing

The large, heavily musty airliner landed at Logan International Airport just in time for dinner.

Louis yawned, cringing at his foul breath. It had been a grueling trip, lasting all of seven hours. Looking back, he could see fatigued mothers chastising their children who, though it didn't seem possible, were still hopelessly energized after the prolonged trip.

Louis was secretly happy he had snatched up a first class seat. While he wasn't usually a proud man, he wouldn't deny that he liked his money and the opportunities it brought.

He gave a final stretch, muscles aching, and stood up, nodding to a spritly stewardess who had been awfully determined to shove her breasts in Louis' face every time she sauntered past his single seat.

Louis wasn't entirely complaining. She seemed nice enough.

He let a young couple, appearing to be on their honeymoon, ahead of him and snagged the next space, trying to ignore the lovers mindless cooing.

A tiny piece of him wondered what Harper was up to. Normally at this time she'd be pretending to cook him dinner which typically ended with them heading out to the fancy bistro across the block.

Now that he thought it over, She might've even done it on purpose.

Ridding his head of his ex, Louis followed the strategically placed signs till he found baggage claim and tapped his foot as he waited for his two suitcases to slide through the carousel.

Liam had texted him four times asking if the trip went well, followed by mutiple 'I miss you's', and an attached picture of Sapphire's baby bump.

Before departing, the two friends had discussed visting schedules. Obviously Louis had to come back sometime, and what better time then the new baby's baptism?

His best friend bestowed the title of 'God Father' upon Louis with a confident smile, and of course he was happy but he was also fucking terrified.

So many emotions pooled in his skull as he made his way through the sliding doors, taking a shuddering breath.

Everything seemed to fade away once out in the open, Louis bit his lip, welcoming a slight breeze to kiss his pinkened cheeks.

He wiped his clammy palms on his jeans, debating whether or not to hail a cab. He knew he'd eventually have to purchase a new car if he planned on staying here for a prolonged period of time, but was still a bit hung up about having to leave his precious Lamborghini back home in Liam's capable hands. (The eager young boy had gladly accepted the new vehicle with wide open arms and a ear-splitting grin.)

Pursing his lips, Louis decided to forget his dilemma; instead opting to take the public shuttle into town.

Surely he could walk from the station, maybe do a bit of exploring before retrieving the keys to his new flat...well, apartment. (This was America, Louis reminded himself giddily.)

With a skip in his step, Louis boarded the bus, lugging his gargantuois bags behind him.

Back in London, the classy man would never even think to subject himself to the horrors of pubic transportation, but Louis didn't have much of a choice, and anyways he was trying to reinvent himself. Even so, old habits die hard; he refused to touch the grimy metal poles, resulting in quite a bumpy ride, and a couple dozen bruises.

The bus came to a final halt twelve minutes later, and Louis was thrown once more into the luggage rack.

A pair of wandering brown eyes glistened with humor at Louis' stumble, but he chose to ignore the snickers, rather, huffing as he pulled down the bags.