prelude

| e x t e n d e d   s u m m a r y |

PERFECTION IS AN ILLUSION.

Welcome to Clairmont Cove, the beachside city to end all beachside cities along the East Coast, the city of perfect scenery, perfect weather, perfect houses, perfect families, and perfect people.

Meet Madison and Adelaide Greene, the perfect sisters to end all perfect sisters in the history of Clairmont Cove's perfect families. To the outside eye, 21-year-old Madison is a quiet, sweet, summa-cum-laude Stanford graduate with an equally quiet and sweet not-boyfriend Blake Sinclair, and 17-year-old Adelaide has it all, with the swagger of a supermodel and the dazzling smile of a movie star and the adoration of the entire high school.

And everything changed when their mother was found murdered in her bedroom.

In a town determined to be perfect, there are countless secrets and even more lies under the guise of honey-sweet smiles and expensive perfumes. The Greene sisters are hiding something just like everybody else, and if asked, they'll smile and tell you that secrets and lies are what it takes to be perfect.

One thing is certain: when your mother is six feet under the marble headstone, some secrets you have to be prepared to take to the grave.

This is a murder mystery told in reverse-chronological order, painted porcelain smiles, and layers upon layers of painstaking lies that build up one's character.

| n o t e s |

Hey! Thank you for clicking on Six Feet Under! It's a work in progress right now, so I'm always up for any constructive criticism. I hope I represented everything right in my work, but if there is something you'd like to point out, please don't hesitate to go ahead and comment.