Chapter 9- Is this some kind of joke?

Jonathan's POV:

Ever since last night, I felt great. I won back Zendaya, and for good this time. Now nothing can break us apart. I was in bed with Zendaya in my arms still when I heard a vibration from my phone, so I get up quietly so I wouldn't wake her up and walk over to my phone.

I saw a missed call from Patrick, so I step outside of the room to call him back. When I called Patrick, he picked up on the first ring "hey Kaner, what's up?" I asked, but his response was so fast he almost cut me off. "Is it true?" he asked. "Is what true?" I asked back, "Oh don't play dumb with me now Tazer!" he yelled through the phone.

What on earth was he talking about, "Patrick I really don't know what's going on so do you mind filling me in?" I said back as calm as possible. "Seabsie just texted me asking if the rumor about you requesting to be traded is true." Patrick told me and I literally just stopped dead in my tracks.

"What the hell? I don't know what's going on but I never requested to be traded, I never want to be. Someone's setting me up, I bet that." I said back trying to keep my voice down so I don't wake Zendaya up. "Well who do you think it is?" he asked.

"Jacob." I said, trying to keep my anger inside me. "What makes you think that?" Patrick asked, and I rolled my eyes and sighed. "He doesn't want me with Zendaya, you even told me that. He also trashed our apartment, and now he wants to get rid of me since Zendaya won't leave me" I explained to him and he agreed. "Listen man, someone obviously had to have started this rumor so I'm gonna figure it all out, in the meantime you enjoy your time with Zendaya" Patrick said which calmed me down a bit.

"Thanks, listen I've gotta go, text me or call me when you find something, bye." I said to Patrick, and just heard him say bye before I hung up. I then walked over to the couch and just laid there, why can't my life ever be normal.

I woke up maybe a few hours later from the sound of Zendaya's humming. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, as I tried to locate her. I got up and stumbled my way into the kitchen to find she wasn't there, and that's when I heard her laugh so I turned around and there she way.

"I'm right here" she said, as she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me in for a kiss. "I could get used to waking up like this every morning" I smirked. I saw her break into a smile as she gently threw a punch towards my chest. "So how come you were sleeping on the couch?" she asked, as she made her way over to the coffee machine and started making us coffee.

"Uhm well Patrick called, and so I stepped out of the room to call him back, and I guess after we hung up I just fell asleep." I explained, and she finished making the coffee as she turned to face me. "So what did Patrick call you to talk about? I mean he called you pretty early in the morning" she asked. "How did you know?" I asked back, and she just laughed before she responded. "Every time you get up you shake the bed, I woke up but soon fell asleep. Now what was so important that Patrick had to call you at 3am in the morning?" she asked again, and this time her facial expressions were all serious.

I took a few steps towards her and sighed, as I looked past her, I couldn't look her in the eyes, or at least not now. "Jonathan Bryan Toews you tell me what's going on, and you look me in the eyes when you say it." she demanded, but we soon both broke into laughter. We both knew that neither one of us could stay serious with each other for long, or well she couldn't at least. I sighed again before I met her eyes.

"Apparently there's a rumor going around saying that I requested to be traded to another team." I said, as I took a breath and noticed Zendaya's experessions were shocked, and her mouth was wide open. "Who?" was all she said, and she barely said it above a whisper. "I think it's Jacob, but Patrick said he's gonna figure out what's going on and call me as soon as he finds out." I state, as the coffee maker beeps, and I walk past her to get the cups.

After the coffee, Zendaya excused herself to be alone, and I just let her go. She was clearly really shocked by this, and so was I. We both needed some alone time, so we agreed to go our separate ways and meet up for lunch later.

Zendaya took her coffee and locked herself in the bedroom, and I left to go out for a little walk, hopefully that would help me clear my mind.