4. Knowing Mason

Chapter Four .

"Good morning, chicka," Mason kissed my cheeks

"'Morning Mason, 'morning uncle."

"Good morning, Cen."

I smiled as looked between uncle and Mason. "So... what's on today?" 

Mason stepped forward and crossed his arms, looking serious. He cleared his throat, "Today, you'll learn how to cook." 

"Oooh~ You're a cook, Mason? That's so cool. I love men who cook!" I said with a dreamy sigh. Mason chuckled as he teased me, "Sorry you're not my type," with a mock sad face.

I decided to play along, I put my hand over my heart and with a sad breath, "That's okay.. I guess... But don't forget how much I love you." 

Uncle who was watching this from the sidelines started laughing. "Okay, okay enough of the drama. As Mason said, you'll be learning to cook different recipes. From meals to desert and all sorts of different drinks. This is going to take a few days, maybe a week or so. That'll mean you won't be able to serve customers, which I think you'll love." I nodded my head furiously.

"Also, you have to take this seriously. Cooking is one of the most important things you have to learn for life. I mean, you don't want to starve yourself to death." Uncle joked. 

"It'll be starting today and.. now!" Mason grabbed my wrists and dragged me into the kitchen used for lessons. The kitchen was filled with silverwares and the whole room was practically silver which made my eyes hurt.

"How do you even survive in this place?" I muttered as I put my hand across my eyes. Mason chuckled as he stood behind the silver table.

"You're just being dramatic," he said. I removed my hand from my eyes and looked at Mason who was holding a baking tray. "First food is on how to bake a cake."

"I already know how to bake a cake!" I whined, "can't I learn on how to make something more.. luxurious? Like spaghetti or something?"

Mason smirked as leant against the table, "Do you even know how to make a cake?"

I put on the same expression he had, "Of course I do."

And that's how I found myself in the messed up kitchen, surrounding with equipments, with Mason looking slightly annoyed. It has been 1 hour and I've been trying to make out a way on how to bake a cake.

I sighed as I slumped onto the floor, "Okay, I don't know how to bake a cake."

Mason rolled his eyes as he muttered under his breath, "Finally." He walked out the door leaving me shocked.

"Hey! Where are you going?" I shouted as I ran after him. Is he giving up on me like this? It's only been an hour! Am I getting abandoned? I put my head into my hands as I dropped onto the floor. Why am I such a bad cook? What have I done in the past life to deserve this punishment?