12

chills

"like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you. and it was plain to see. you were my destiny."

i shuffled around my room in pure glee. i woke up in a great mood.

i had graduated from high school. i've been accepted into ucla by some miracle. lana and i were doing great. my mom and i's relationship was better than ever. going to see my therapist was having a great impact on controlling my illness. i had my group of friends supporting me and all this beautiful dark skin was popping in the sun. looking like a chocolate diamond.

why wouldn't i be in a great mood?

my door was open and it happened to be my mother playing music on this june afternoon so when she heard me sing along to the great marvin gaye it was only appropriate that she joined in for tammi terrell

"with my arms open wide. i threw away my pride. i'll sacrifice for you, dedicate my life to you." she strolled in doing the cabbage patch with a broom clasped in her fist. i took her free hand and got in formation to begin traditional ballroom dancing with her.

we laughed as we sung along to the feel good song. moving our feet offbeat to the music but enjoying the moment.

man, i don't wanna sound corny but it's been long since i've felt this good. she returned to cleaning when the song ended and i returned to getting ready to head out. i had on my frat boy "$40 a gram? awesome!" outfit consisting of white canvas shorts and a blue button up. i don't own sperry's so all white vans did the job.

i feel so caucasian.

today was just a boy's day. lana was out of town visiting family for a week so i was stuck with them. i hoped we wouldn't be getting into any hoodrat shit today because i didn't want to ruin my day. i left the house shortly with a kiss to my mothers temple and her car keys in my hand. no i didn't finesse them from her while she was basically unconscious.

i met up with the boys at gabe's house. his parents are always out of town and conveniently he's located in the center of where we all live. it was only four of us today; gabe, jaylin, kerian and i.

"look at my white boy chai. fuck it up chai, fuck it up chai." i laughed at gabe's shenanigans and pushed him out of the way to enter the house.

"what's up, niggas?" i greeted jaylin that was sitting on the white leather three seat sofa while i sat down in the love seat. jaylin dug into his pocket and pulled out a pill bottle; he tossed it my way before responding.

"that's what's up. shit dank as fuck." i held the pill bottle up to see a couple nuggets of weed inside. i could tell it was sativa and gonna be hella sticky. after twisting the bottle top open and getting within 5 inches of the opening my nose started burning from the strong abrupt scent. i knew it's distinctive and cali based smell.

"og kush? you're my nigga jaylin. aye give me a back wood or something we putting the entire bottle in that shit." i picked up a vogue magazine that was laying on the table and sat it in my lap preparing to break up the weed. jaylin tossed me a honey berry backwood out his backpack. kerian came out of the kitchen with a fruit roll up hanging out his mouth and various snacks in his hands.

"chai man, you good?" he dapped me up and went to take a seat on the two seat sofa.

"gucci man."