Chapter Eight

Hi everyone! It was my 21st birthday earlier this month now I'm legal everywhere ;) Wasn't I wicked leaving the last Chapter at a cliff-hanger? {insert evil grin}. To be honest I was just as annoyed as you that it ended like that. I know I'm the one writing the story but I never know where the story will take me. So, this Chapter picks up where that left off. It's pretty short and kind of disappointing for me but hey, you might like it, so: Enjoy!

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Chapter Eight

Harry was unusually quiet. Ron noticed. It was hard not to when every time he'd tried to get Harry involved in a conversation, he'd either been ignored or snapped at. They both sat down beside Hermione at the breakfast table. She lowered her copy of The Daily Prophet and said, "Morning, Harry." 

Harry didn't even hear her, he was busy glancing over his shoulder at the Slytherin table his eyes searching intently for...something. 

"What's wrong with him?" Hermione asked. 

"I don't know," Ron said. "Can you fix him?" 

"What do you mean?" 

"He's been acting odd since last night. I don't know where he went off to but when he came back he was....weird."  

"What's he looking at?" she asked following Harry's gaze when he looked over his shoulder a third time. 

"Oi, Harry, what're you looking at?" Ron asked loudly. 

Harry snapped his head back to their table. 

"What? Nothing, nothing." He blushed a bit as he started piling his plate high with pancakes. 

"You're not really going to eat all that, are you?" Hermione looked at his heaped plate. 

"What are you now: the Food Police?" Harry said rudely. 

"Woah, what crawled up your arse and died this morning, mate? You've been behaving strangely all morning." 

"I don't know what you're talking about, I feel fine."  

Ron and Hermione exchanged looks. Hermione shrugged then muttered, "He's probably just tired, you know. He was really stressed out yesterday. He didn't want to be wrong about his choices especially since the whole school seemed to be waiting for him to fail." She looked past Ron at Harry who was looking over his shoulder again. "But just incase, let's keep an eye on him." 

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Last night....

I'm kissing Malfoy....no, Malfoy is kissing me! What the bloody hell, how did this happen? These were the thoughts going through Harry's mind in the first few seconds of the kiss. Then he felt Draco's tongue touching his lips softly, seeking entrance and all of a sudden it was like Harry's body was on fire. He'd never felt like this before. He pulled Draco closer, opening his mouth for Draco's exploration. He moaned quietly as Draco's tongue met his and his hands which had been twisted in the front of Draco's shirt, flattened against Draco's chest and moved upward slowly to cup the back of Draco's neck and pull him closer.  

Draco willingly scooted forward and let his hands roam over Harry's back then started to reach under Harry's sweater and pull at the bottom of his shirt tucked into the waist of his trousers. 

Suddenly Harry came to his senses and shoved Draco away scooting backwards in a crab walk to put some distance between them. What the fuck was he thinking?! How could he be kissing Draco Malfoy the boy who, since the moment they'd met had made it his mission to make Harry's school life a living hell, the boy whose parents were Death Eaters, whose father had tried to KILL him?! 

Harry wiped at his mouth with the back of one hand as he stared with a horrified expression at Draco. Draco was looking back at him, his expression wasn't one of triumph as Harry had expected it to be. Instead he looked...devastated. 

"Harry --" he began, starting to crawl over to him. 

"No!" Harry held a hand out in front of him as if to ward off Draco and scrambled to his feet. "You just stay right there, I'm leaving." He backed away to the door as if he were afraid Draco would jump him when he wasn't looking and once the hand he was reaching behind him felt the door handle, he yanked it open and left without a backward glance.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Shit! Shit! Shit! Draco punched at the air helplessly then he burst into tears, sobs ripping through his throat. Harry didn't want him...or he wanted him but didn't want to want him. Draco didn't know. He was foolish to ever think Harry would want to be with him, he should have listened to Blaise when he'd told him he had no chance with the real Harry but he'd been so determined to make Harry see him in a new light...to make Harry his at last. But did he really deserve to have Harry? He was after all the very thing Potter detested. 

Draco rolled up the left sleeve of his shirt and the dark tattoo on the underside of his forearm. The Dark Mark. The symbol of a Death Eater. 

No, he didn't deserve Harry. He would never deserve Harry. This would just be one more thing he could never have. 

Draco curled into a ball and pulled up the blanket to cover himself and cried.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Now...

The dorm was empty except for Draco when Blaise popped his head in. Draco hadn't made an appearance at the breakfast table and he hadn't met up in the common room with the others.  

Right now he was lying on his back in bed fully dressed but staring listlessly at the ceiling. Blaise crawled up on top of the bed and sat with his back against the wall, Draco's feet in his lap. 

"What's the matter?" he asked quietly, taking off Draco's shoes and massaging his stockinged feet. Draco's eyes moved down from looking at the ceiling to settle on Blaise and Blaise just managed to keep his face expressionless when he saw Draco's eyes and the pale skin around them were tinged pink from crying. Draco hardly ever cried, in fact Blaise had never seen Draco shed a tear because when he did, if he did, he did it in private not wanting anyone to witness what he viewed as a weakness. 

Draco looked back at the ceiling and was silent for such a long while that Blaise thought he wasn't going to answer. 

"Blaise, is the thought of being with me so unattractive?" 

What? Of all the things Blaise expected Draco to say that wasn't it. 

"What's this about?" 

"I kissed Potter." 

"What?!" Blaise was enraged: Potter had finally gotten his filthy fingers on Draco. Blaise had lied when he said he hadn't known about Draco's feelings for Harry until recently. It hadn't mattered then because he had Draco and even when they'd broken things off, Draco hadn't rushed off to win Harry but this year... Blaise forced himself to calm down and hide his feelings. "What I mean is isn't that supposed to be a cause for celebration?" 

Draco's lower lip trembled slightly. 

"No," he whispered. "Not after what happened next." 

"What happened next?" Blaise unconciously leant forward. 

"I don't want to talk about it." Blaise wanted to scream with exasperation but didn't. "I'll be out soon." 

It was clearly a dismissal and Blaise had no choice but to leave. Once he was at the door however, he turned back to look at Draco who'd gone back to staring vacantly at the ceiling, tears streaming silently down the sides of his face.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

NOTE: Please give me some feedback. If you liked this eighth chapter, share it on your facebook/twitter account. If you have any thoughts or ideas on what I've written/what you'd like to read in Chapter 9, please comment below. All criticism is welcome but being deliberately mean isn't. Thank you!