My Name is Derek

A/N So, this definitely isn't gonna be good as I'm just starting to write. All the same, I'm going to try anyway. This is based off of a tumblr prompt post.
-------
The three times Stiles called Derek 'Tyler' and the one time Derek stopped him.
-------
Derek's POV
I was just grabbing my books out of my locker when he passed by. I looked up and he smiled at me.
"Hey Tyler," he said to me as he passed.
I cut myself off before I responded. Who the hell is Tyler? I brushed it off my shoulder and didn't let it get to me. He probably thought I was somebody else.
-------
It happened again at lunch the next day. I was sitting at my lunch table with my friends when he walked by.
"Tyler" he acknowledged with a smile.
I smiled back even though I was confused. Maybe it was just another coincidence. I mean, why else would he call me Tyler?
-------
The third time it happened I knew that he was definitely talking to me.
I was sitting in the library alone during my free period when he walked in. He came right over to me and asked me a question.
"You read a lot, right Tyler? Do you have any book recommendations?"
"Ummm," I paused, "I recently reread the Harry Potter series. That's always good."
"Thanks!" He beamed at me, and I swore my heart skipped a beat.
I just gave him a small smile in return and he went to check out the book. I definitely wasn't blushing as he walked away.
-------
We were in science class the last time it happened. Our teacher gave us a project to do, but she already picked out our partners.
She put the partners up on the board and I saw mine was Stiles. Once I saw his name, I grabbed my stuff and walked over to his seat.
"Oh hey Tyler, are we partners?" He asked.
"Uhh, yeah, but you should probably know that my name is Derek before we start."
"Dude! Why didn't you say anything? I've been calling you Tyler this whole time!"
"Never got the chance."
"How about you let me take you out on a date to make up for it then, Derek." He asked cheekily.
I almost choked on my spit when he said that.
"You want to go out on a date with me?" I asked incredulously.
"I mean yeah, like have you looked at yourself recently? And it's the least I could do. But if you don't want to..." he trailed off.
"No I definitely want to! I just wasn't sure if you were being serious."
"Great! Text me your address and I'll pick you up on Friday at 7." he said as he scribbled his phone number on a piece of paper.
"I look forward to it."I said with a blush just as the bell rang.
"Bye Derek!" He exclaimed.
"Goodbye Stiles."
-------------
A/N I know that this was really short, but I'm currently testing the waters. And I changed the wording of the prompt a bit because I thought that it to sounded better. If you have any writing tips or constructive criticism, I would be glad to hear it.
*Edit* I'm on mobile, so when I wrote it is indented, but it didn't show up when I published. Sorry for any inconvenience