Blinded: Pixel's Story

6 years before "A Minecraft Story"...

Pixel's Point of View (glitch_effect)

Pixel and his dad stood at his mother's bedside. She was sick. Very sick. She had gotten a disease from a Zombie. Pixel had told her not to go outside at night, but she didn't listen.

Pixel's mother, Tess, coughed again. Pixel's father, Dave, held her hand. Pixel stood next to his dad, and his dog, Fang sat at his feet whimpering. Fang had a blue collar.

Tess wore a white shirt that didn't cover her shoulders. She had a white tank top underneath, and wore light blue bell-bottom jeans. She also had a black leather belt, and an engagement ring made of iron and gold entwined together with a lapis jewel in the middle. She had black eyes and long black hair.

Dave wore a dark blue hoodie with a Creeper face on the back. He also had dark blue pants, and an engagement ring made of iron with a diamond jewel in the middle. He had a small stubble on his chin, and his light brown hair always looked windswept. He had hazel eyes, and always wore a quiver of arrows on his back.

Pixel had black hair in a pixie cut, and hazel eyes, like his father. He wore a light bluish-gray sweater with a hood, and jeans. He was 18 years old.

The room they were in was dark. Only redstone torches lit the place. They lived in a small, one story house in the middle of the woods in Sector 16. There were no other houses for miles.

They didn't have any medicine at the house. They were a very poor family, even though Sector 17, which was right next to them, was a city.

"We're going to go get you medicine, Tess," Dave said. "You'll be alright."

Tess squeezed Dave's hand. She was too weak to talk.

"We'll be back, mom. I love you," Pixel said.

Tess smiled at him, and started coughing again. Dave leaned down and kissed Tess on the forehead. Then, he went out the door.

"Stay here and guard mom, okay, Fang?" Pixel told his dog.

Fang barked and sat down by Tess's bed. Pixel smiled and patted him on the head.

"Love ya mom!" he called, and ran out the door.

***

Dave was already saddling up the horses. The black one was named Chocolate, and the brown one was named Cinnamon.

"Ready to go?" Dave asked.

"Yeah," Pixel replied. "Let's go."

Dave mounted Chocolate and Pixel mounted Cinnamon. The horses started to walk through a path in the woods.

"Mom will be okay, right dad?" Pixel asked. He was worried about her.

"Of course. As long as we get back with the medicine within three days, she'll be fine," Dave replied. He seemed fairly confident they would make it. "I've been saving up money to buy her medicine for a few weeks now. We should have enough, but I haven't been to the city in awhile. Hopefully, the prices haven't changed."

Pixel nodded. His dad sold wheat and eggs at a nearby village, but the Villagers there didn't have much to offer. The family barely scraped by on what they had.

They had left around noon, so they had plenty of time. It would take them about a day to get to the city, though, because the trails in the woods winded around in a very complex way.