Crushes (AU)

Hey everyone! I started this a few weeks ago and I finally got around to finishing it. Hopefully while I have writers block this can be a creative outlet for me.
Also, I have a fan account on Twitter that's @smittentroyler (which is now the same as my name on here since I changed it) and would greatly appreciate it if you followed me xoxox

Summary: a typical high school setting that will contain smut and fluff. No triggering material. Roughly 7.5k words.

Who was Troye kidding? It seemed inevitable that his hopes would be defeated and someone would have had more guts than he did. He didn't want to admit he was a wuss, but there had been numerous accounts of him backing out like a chicken when it came to plucking up the courage to speak to him.

Troye tried to keep his eyes on the work in front of him, but he couldn't get the sickening feeling out of his chest. He attempted to be civil, and being the good actor he was, he knew that no one had any idea that the guy with his arms around his crushes shoulder was actually burning a fire of jealousy in his stomach, and it appeared to take all concentration in himself not to get worked up.

"Tylerrr" the guy whined, resting his head on the boys shoulder while moving his hands to wrap around his waist. Troye cringed, he didn't even know who the hell that guy was, fawning over Tyler like he did. It had been forever ago since he had this kind of jealousy over a guy, and he sure as much couldn't remember how he dealt with it.

"Aw they're so cute together!" The girl next to him squealed, resting her hands under her chin and gazing at them like they were new born puppies. Troye would normally point out the problematic way she referred to them and how just because they're gay they aren't automaticity 'cute', but under these circumstances, Troye couldn't help but focus on her statement on another way entirely.

"Are they really though? They're being a bit too clingy if you ask me."

"It's called young love Troye, I'm sure if you had someone you'd struggle to keep your hands off them."

Only if it was Tyler. He thought. He wanted to groan out loud at the sight of them, and Troye almost felt his face scrunch up like a child's when it was refused candy from the shop. More than anything his motivation dropped and he felt bitter. He wanted Tyler to hold him.

It had been a long time since Troye developed feelings for Tyler, and since then he hadn't shown any interest in anyone else. There had even been moments the boys shared where there was unintentional flirting going on, and in events like these Troye would reply them over and over in his head for what seemed like weeks. He had fallen hard, and now he had to get over it, even before he got a chance to make something of it.

"Ok," the teacher spoke up, standing from her desk, "I'm going to let you go ten minutes early since I have a meeting, but don't disturb the other classes." She muttered.

It took a mere two seconds for the whole class to rapidly throw their books into their bags and charge out of the door. It made Troye grin at how childish a bunch of 18 year olds could actually be at having an extra few minutes of lunch.

Troye took his time, knowing his friends were still in their lessons and he'd have to wait anyway. He casually dumped his textbook and notes into his bag before strolling out of the classroom, jumping out of his skin at the person he ran into.

"S-sorry Tyler" he mumbled, barely able to look at his face and keep his head upright, well aware of his slowly reddening cheeks.

"It's fine!" He grinned, patting him on the shoulder before turning behind him, "I was just waiting for my friends, I didn't know you were still here."