II; Hello Youth, Meet Fist

Lennox

"The Land of Fire," The old man continued on like I hadn't spoken, "Is one of five great nations. The village we are standing in is called Konoha, but is also commonly known as the village hidden in the leaves. It is one of five great hidden villages. This is where we raise and train fine shinobi who protect this village and land."

Kakashi was the one to answer my silent question, "Shinobi is another term for ninja."

"Ninja?" Confusion leaked into my voice, "Those guys with nunchucks? Is that the right word?"

"Nunc- Oh you mean nunchaku!" The Hokage chuckled as he shook his head, he held his pipe in his hand. "Your idea of a Shinobi must be different from ours, no matter, you'll learn the difference when you begin training."

Laughing lightly, I nodded my head before I gave him a glare, "Training? No. I want to go home. As lovely as this village is, and I surprisingly saw enough as I was dragged through it, I don't want to be here. I don't think I'm the last of the Gensai. I'm sorry."

"Tell me then Lennox," A plume of smoke rose into the air, "Where you're from did you ever feel like you didn't belong? Like you were destined for something greater? I want you to take a minute to actually think about this."

The answer to the first question was I didn't feel like I belong, ever. Until I was ten, I had been shifted from foster family to foster family. Even when I had settled down with the Bradley's, I still felt like the outsider. At first I thought it was because I grew up in the system, but even when I felt loved and cherished, it still didn't feel like home.

For the next question, I was sort of taken by surprise. Staring down the Hokage, I bit my lip, my teeth scraping roughly of the skin. To be honest, I did feel like I was destined for something greater. But I had always put that down to my cooking, I was going to be a famous Chef and own a world renowned restaurant.

"What does it matter?" My voice came out hoarse, "It still doesn't mean I believe that this is a different world! Even if I believed you, what difference does it make? I'm not a 'shinobi', I wouldn't be cut out for this world."

There was movement out of the corner of my eye and I saw Kakashi pull an orange book out of the pouch connected to his hip. A grim smile played on the old man's lips as I focused my entire attention on him, moving away from the map as I did, he sighed.

"The Gensai was one of the strongest clans ever to walk this land. The clan consisted of many fine people, many of them even stronger warriors. Even though they were a small clan, they were powerful and because they were powerful, other villages felt threatened," He paused, "The Gensai clan first joined the village after the first shinobi war. Many of them had died and everyone wanted their power. Though the ties weren't deep, the Gensai decided to join the Village Hidden in the Leaves."

My eyes blinked as this new information sunk in, "The Gensai were well known for their Kekkei Genkai, which is a bloodline limit that has been passed down through the generations. Theirs was called the Onmyo, which is another term for Yin and Yang. What was so special about the Onmyo bloodline trait, was the fact that it gave you the ability to wield not just your own chakra, but also light and dark chakra. Something that made them a formidable enemy."

"The Gensai clan, to master one of those chakra's was a great feat, only few have been able to master both. Because both come with a huge risk. Overwhelmed by either and you'll succumb to the chakra and it will drive you insane. The Gensai clan was killed because of this ability, they were too powerful for the other villages to let them stay alive."

Blinking, the power of his words kept me silent, my hands clenched and unclenched at my sides. From what I knew from Taylor, who was huge on the mind, body and spirit thing, chakra was form of energy in the body and here he was saying that these people were killed because of it. Whether or not I believed him, hearing him say that pissed me off.