The Accidental Superheroes

yayaayy another update in the same day :D ahhaa im feeling really inspired with this story at the moment and the plot is beginning to fall into place, so im just gonna keep on writing chapters and updating as often as i can.

ONCE AGAIN I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR READING COMMENTING VOTING OR FANNING!! <3 you guys are truly amazinggggg :) keep on goinggg!! and don't be afraid to hassle me on your wall to hurry up or to read your stories, I love reading peoples stories and giving advice so ASK ME :)

THHHAAAAANNNNKK YOUUUUUUUU ALLLLLL <3

xxxxxxxxx

Jack

“- meet here, and no one else.”

I only catch the last part of what Ben was saying. I know that I should’ve been paying more attention, but I was too busy staring at Claire. Her red hair was shining and her eyes sparkling. The more I looked at her, the more I could hear my brain telling me that she was the one. But then there was Angie. Was it possible for a guy to like two girls at once? Was that allowed? Or did that go against some bro code thing? Or chick code? I am so freaking confused. It doesn’t help that I can still feel the grief of what happened this morning weighing on my mind. I murdered people. Or is it manslaughter? Because it was an accident? Oh well, if I get caught, I will most definitely be charged, and have to go to jail. My chest feels like a really fat person is standing on it. Trust me, that is not a nice feeling.

I’m so bloody confused. I feel guilty one moment, nervous the next, and then happy for the one after that. I’m pretty sure that’s not normal. Maybe I’m suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. I glance again at Claire, and notice that her face looks a little funny, like she’s mildly constipated. I look away. Angie is blabbering on about something, and Ben and Alex are paying close attention… to her boobs. I’m not kidding, they’ll nod their heads, glance at her face and then their eyes will be like WHOOSH back down to the boobs.

“Guys.” I interrupt Angie, and she gives me a glare. I ignore, I’m sick of Angie right now, “Do you hear that?” I tilt my head to the side slightly. In the distance, I can hear a faint buzz, like a helicopter or a swarm of laughing bees.

“No.” Angie states, rolling her eyes.

“Sorry man,” Ben says to me, “I don’t hear it either.” The nerd. He’s only saying that because Angie said it. I’ll bet he actually can hear it. Alex shakes his head.

“I don’t hear it either.” I look to Claire. I plead at her with my eyes. Please hear it, please hear it, please hear it.

“Nope.” She says, and looks at me sadly.

“How can you not hear it?” I question them, “It’s coming from the west, I’d say maybe two hundred miles away, and it’s a plane, but its not powered on fuel, because its not making a noise that a plane on fuel would.”

Everyone stares at me. Shocked.

“Maybe we can’t hear it because it’s two hundred miles away.” Angie says, with a ‘duh’ tone, but her eyes are flitting back and forth; from me to the sky to the ground and then back to me.

“You can tell all that, from a faint noise?” Ben asks, sounding absolutely disbelieving.

“Yeah.” I say.

“It’s also travelling at about 100mph.”

“You do know how slow that is right? I mean for a vehicle in the air? The physics don’t make sense, in theory it should drop right out of the sky.” Alex tells us, drawing little equations in the air with his fingers. Now it’s his turn to have everyone look at him shocked.

“Physics?” Claire asks, rather rudely, “What the hell would you know about physics?” Alex looks offended and hurt, and angry.

“Forget it.” He murmurs.

“Two hundred miles away, 100mph, it’ll be here in an hour.” Angie tells us.

“No, really?” Claire asks sarcastically and Angie’s face scrunches up and her brows furrow. She’s pissed.

“Shut up you bitch.” She hisses. Claire backs off, but not before giving Angie a nasty look.

“Guys, guys.” I say, trying to mediate, “Let’s all take a chill pill and be friends again. Please?” They all look at each other and nod tentatively.

“Good. Now, can we try and figure out what the heck is up with me?”

Alex

Claire. What a bitch. I glare at her from the corners of my eyes. Its amazing that I didn’t go all ape shit on her, but something stopped me. I don’t know what it was, but it was like there was a little force field preventing me from getting fully angry.

“It could be like a side effect of your power.” Ben suggests to Jack, who nods thoughtfully.

“Or maybe, it could be a second power. Maybe we all have second powers.” Angie says.

“But how does super hearing relate to having superstrength?” Jack asks her.

“Maybe it doesn’t have to,” Angie gets a look on her face, like she’s thinking really hard, “What if, we weren’t born with these powers? What if we’ve been secretly exposed to this chemical our whole lives, a chemical that over time strengthens certain aspects of our personality? Like Jack’s always been sporty and strong, and what if the chemical could recognize that and make his natural ability stronger, giving him an advantage in his most advantaged area? This chemical could pick out our best qualities, and enhance them over time, making us into a race of like, superhumans. And maybe, the chemical could have had side effects, like it also picked out our second best quality as well as the first, therefore giving us a second super power?” Now that makes sense.

“But,” Ben protested, “Wouldn’t I then have the power to become invisible? Instead of superspeed? I mean, I’m a geek, it would make more sense.”

“No, because your whole life you’ve had to run away from bullies, your natural instinct is to run. Your body and the chemical recognize that you aren’t the strongest of the race, and so you get the ‘flight’ instinct, instead of the ‘fight’.”

“How did you figure that out?” I asked Angie.

“I don’t know. I just kind of applied my knowledge of comic books and bio mechanics and voila theory began.” I chuckle.

“But how would the chemical have gotten into our bodies? I mean, its not like our parents go around feeding us poison.”

“I have a theory for that as well.” Angie states. We all look at her expectantly.

“But I can’t tell you yet. Jack, how far away would you say that plane is?”

“Um… 102.98 miles away.”

“I can’t tell you until that plane gets here, because I have a hunch. But if that plane doesn’t do what I think its going to do, then its wrong.”

I feel like I’ve landed right in the middle of a conspiracy theory.