Chapter 3

AN: Please vote and comment!!! Sorry this took too long....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I park my car in the driveway and make my way inside. I take off my shoes, and walk to the living room. I toss my bag somewhere, and decide that I can do my homework later; not that I have much anyway. Dad's car isn't in the driveway, so he's probably out doing something or at work. With absolutely nothing to do, I decide to keep myself occupied and work on the little homework I do have, which is just English and reviewing math.

A few hours later, after I finish my work, I go downstairs and rummage through the fridge until I hear the door open.

I come out of the kitchen and to the front to see dad. 'Yes, he can finally tell me what he's hiding from me now' I think. I walk up to him with the determination to get that secret out written all over my face.

"Dad can you tell me now please? TELL MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaase?" I beg.

"Yeah my day at work was fine and I missed you too thanks for asking," my dad says sarcastically with a smirk.

I sigh and follow him to the living room. He places his briefcase down and sits on the sofa. After a long look at my pouty face, he sighs and gives in.

"I'm feeling hungry, and I'm pretty sure you are too. Why don't you make something, I'll shower and we'll eat. And don't worry, I'll tell you," he says, as he gets off the sofa and walks towards the stairs. I scowl at his back but do what he told me. I go the kitchen, deciding that I want macaroni for dinner, and that dad will just have to cope with eating what I like.

By the time I finish, dad comes downstairs and takes a seat at the table in the dining room. I pour the macaroni into a big bowl and bring it out. I already set the table before, so I seat myself and wait until dad is finished serving himself. As I'm taking my scoop dad starts to talk to me.

"So how was school?"

"Distracting, because somebody was hiding a secret from me," I reply with a glare at my father.

He shakes his head as he laughs at me. He takes a deep breath and composes himself.

"Ok then. I've put this off for long enough. I'm going to have to tell you this sooner than later, and I know you're just one step away from ripping my head off if I don't tell you,"

"Yesssssss!!!!!" I cheer as I pump my fist in the air.

He looks he wants to chuckle at my childish behaviour, but a very dark expression over comes his face.

"Ok, time to be serious. You're not going to believe me when I say this, but-"

"Lemme guess, I'm not human am I. Was I abducted from outer space? And you're not human either; you're my alien father who was forced to come along with me and live on the treacherous planet with me because we both made a horrible mistake on our home planet, right?" I say as I laugh. I stop laughing when I see my dad's face.

"Please don't say that you're not my dad..." Yup. Of all the things that face could've meant that's what mattered to me the most. I wouldn't have cared if all that I said is true, as long as I have my dad I can face anything. But to my relief my dad says something completely different.

"Oh no, don't worry about that. I'm still your father. But you're right about the not human part." At this point my mouth falls open, but he continues.

"We're not aliens from outer space. See, I'm a vampire, and your mother was a werewolf. I know you've read about vampires and werewolves everywhere so I'm sure I don't have to explain too much about them, basics like super speed, super strength, super hearing and sight, and werewolves can shift, and no vampires don't turn into vampire bats or melt in the sun and all those rumors about garlic and pumpkins aren't true. Do you follow?"