Shadow Academy for Guardians - Chapter 1 - What the *********???

• Dedicated to Natasha Lyght

Hi guys this is my second book on watt pad. My first book, Aether's Elements is not going that well so I decided that I would try a different idea. I got the idea for this book from a dream I had. I hope you like it. This first chapter won't be very interesting but I kinda wanted to get the story started and not just jump head first into it like I did with my other one, so please bear with me!

-Justine <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I could hear was the low hum of the car engine beneath my feet. My father had not said a word since we got in the car. I was ignoring him and he was ignoring me.

'Good' I thought. 'He deserves the silent treatment.'

My father was driving me half way across the country, just to go to some stupid school.

Shadow Academy for Guardians. And no, it's not what you think. Everyone, and I mean everyone, in the entire world goes to one of these. There is one in every town, city, and sometimes, one per street. They are very important parts of all of our lives. No one says why. Their not allowed.

Once you turn thirteen, you don't have a choice but to go to this school.

How long I will be there I cannot say, because it's different for everyone. Some people spend only days there, for others, it could be years.

So here i am, stuck in a car with my father. I don't have a mother. No one has both of their parents.

Well they do, they just can't see one. It's complicated, that's what my father had said when he tried to explain why I had to go away.

I'm not crazy, but somehow, I never feel alone. Dad says that's why I have to go, but like I said I'm not crazy.

We have been driving for hours, in a very uncomfortable silence.

The only noises made from the cars, rocks, and the squeak of the one time I looked at my self in the mirror on the dash.

I saw me, my eyes, which are purple. Some say their beautiful, some say their abnormal. But what is normal? I also saw my very own flowing golden brown hair. I don't wear gold jewelry because it just blends in with my hair. I am sup posted to wear glasses, but I wear contacts instead. Clear ones, the purple is natural.

After another thirty minutes of silence, we pull onto a freshly paved road, which made me feel uneasy from the quietness surrounding me.

Even though there was a Shadow Academy in the town I lived in, my father insisted on me going to the one he went to, in the teeny tiny town of Gima.

The head mistress, Madam Lefrance Is supposed to be the best in the business.

But I was told that she never looks in a mirror, because whatever this school is supposed to help you find, she never found.

I was pulled out of my deep thoughts by my head hitting the top of the car.

Stupid speed bumps.

I realized that we had pulled into a long driveway. In the distance I can see a giant, majestic building partly hidden by a grove of trees.

I take my eyes from what I assumed to be the school, just long enough to glance in the mirror. I look away just long enough to process what I had just saw. But when I look back, it's gone.

When I looked in the mirror the first time, I could have sworn that I had seen someone sitting in the back seat.

I looked away from the mirror yet again to see that we were pulling into park in front of the school.