Details

"Kwon Soonyoung bouces the ball in place, he dribbles to the right and off-sets Jeon Wonwoo..." Joshua dramatically stated from the sidelines, setting up the play.

"He looks like he's going to run in for the lay-up... wait, no – he manages to trick Wonwoo and is going for the three pointer instead! He shoots and...!" Joshua jumped out of his seat watching the play, before sighing dramatically and sitting back down as the ball left Hoshi's hands, bouncing off the court.

"Hosh, why do you even attempt the three-pointers?" Joshua groaned after witnessing the ball not even come close to the rim, missing the net for miles.

"Shut up hyung, no one asked for your stupid American commentary," Hoshi scoffed, running after the rollaway ball.

"Looks like Hoshi is just having a shitty game, as per usual, Joshua," Joshua continued to announce outloud in English, pretending to commentate with himself, "I mean with those stats, Jisoo, it looks like he'll be sent back down to the college teams and out of the big leagues! Hell, Joshua... If we're being honest, I couldn't tell you how this one got drafted in the first place!"

Wonwoo laughed as Hoshi passed him the ball, being able to pick up enough of Joshua's quick native tongue to know that Hoshi was being insulted beyond belief.

"Speak in Korean or die," Hoshi said pointing at Joshua, who stuck his middle finger up in response.

The boys all decided to skip classes today and meet up with Wonwoo since the weather was way too beautiful to be sitting in lecture halls absorbing absolutely nothing. Wonwoo began to dribble the ball as he crouched over, scanning the court for his options on what to do as Hoshi on defense was waving and hovering over him. He decided for the classic fake-out to the left when he was actually going right, spinning around over Hoshi and having a few seconds of open space to make his move. He jumped as he shot the ball from the three-point line, leaving his hand hanging while the basketball quietly swished into the net.

"And that, ladies and gentlemen... and Hoshi... is how you shoot a three-pointer," Joshua exclaimed, standing up and giving Wonwoo a slow round of applause.

Hoshi rolled his eyes both at Wonwoo and Joshua before taking an unannounced break as he walked off the court toward the benches.

"The only person here who has a chance at beating Wonwoo in ball is Seungcheol hyung," Hoshi said defeated as he grabbed an ice cold water bottle from Joshua. Seungcheol didn't seem to hear the compliment although he was sitting right next to Joshua on the bench. He was completely absorbed into his phone and looked visibly stressed out as he chewed on the skin around his right thumb while reading something.

"Yah... Hyung," Hoshi repeated louder, snapping his fingers infront of Seungcheol.

"What?" Seungcheol said, lifting his head up and hopping out of his train of thought.

"I just complimented you and you didn't even hear it," Hoshi said with a shrug, "that's the last time I ever try being nice to you."

"Sorry, Hosh, my mind is kind of all over the place right now," Seungcheol admitted. He locked his phone and put it beside him before putting his face into his palms and rubbing his tired eyes.

"What's up, hyung?" Wonwoo asked as he stuck a cigarette into his mouth and sat down beside Seungcheol.

"Nothing... I don't really want to talk about it, or think about it," Seungcheol responded sounding upset. The boys didn't bother pushing further, wanting to give him space. They stood back up, preparing for another round of ball.

"It's just..." he started and looked up at the eyes of his three friends who stopped and all stared back, appearing genuinely concerned. He bit his lip and nervously looked away, leg bouncing and anxious as ever.